Last minute Covid testing options near Manhattan terminal

RalphWiggum

I am scheduled to leave tomorrow, Sunday the 18th, for a Canada cruise from NYC on NCL.  It was a last minute booking and I was able to schedule a Covid test for Friday morning, which I took at CVS.  It’s been 30 hours and no results yet.  To be fair to CVS, they say the results take 1-2 days but having used CVS and Walgreens for my last three post-Covid cruises departing from NYC, I generally received results same day, so getting antsy.  So this morning I booked an appointment with Walgreens for this afternoon, but they cancelled on me.   I rebooked for tomorrow morning, for a rapid naat test with results hopefully in 2 hours. But do not want to rely on this either, since Walgreens cancelled on me today. 

I am looking for a plan C.  For my May cruise out of NYC, I was able to go to a kiosk right in front of Grand Central and get a test with results back in an hour.  However, I know that Covid is not the community health risk it was back in the spring, so I am not sure those kiosks are still so readily available. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for last minute Covid testing near GCT or the Manhattan terminal?  

Edited by RalphWiggum

CItyMD is a chain of urgent care clinics with many Manhattan locations. There's one on East 40th St. and Madison Ave., not far Grand Central Terminal. There's another at 345 West 42nd St. not far from Port Authority Bus Terminal, and another at 315 West 57th St. CityMD always had rapid tests at all their offices in the past You should be able to check their website.

There's a CVS Minute Clinic at 150 East 42nd , which is across the street from Grand Central Terminal. It looks like they have some testing appointments available tomorrow.

Thank you. CityMD looks very promising. Will call them tomorrow at 9 when they open.   I am reluctant to use CVS and Walgreens/Duane Reed since I have had bad experiences yesterday and today with both (albeit CT locations), and I’m not sure my insurance will cover a second Covid test with CVS when the first one is still pending.   And if I have to go out of pocket, I’d rather it be with someone else. 

Here’s hoping I get my Covid results from CVS tomorrow morning, but I am hopeful that CityMD will get me results, if I don’t. 

On metro-north train to NYC now with CVS test results in hand.  But yes. They send the tests out. On weekends as well. 

Now I just have to deal with embarkation without any online check in documents since I booked within 72 hours of departure and could not use online checkin.   Im sure it will be fine.  But if you couldn’t tell, I’m a worrier.   LOL. 

Edited by RalphWiggum