Saint Greg’s NOLA trips

Saint Greg

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Not sure on the street car. That station has been closed since before Covid due to construction. I know that’s over so maybe it’s open now. But I personally haven’t seen a bunch of luggage on street cars so I don’t know if it’s allowed or not. But the convention center hotels are a great option and usually you can get one at a good price. This is where you’re going to collect your luggage in relation to the hotels. There’s also a Marriott on this side of the Hyatt place that isn’t showing up for some reason.

IMG_4669.jpeg

Ok. Is the Hyatt place walkable then do you think? It’s hard to judge distance. Or do cabs go that short of a distance? Otherwise thinking of staying at the intercontinental 

Edited by chloes_mom
Added comment

8 hours ago, chloes_mom said:

Ok. Is the Hyatt place walkable then do you think? It’s hard to judge distance. Or do cabs go that short of a distance? Otherwise thinking of staying at the intercontinental 

This is a video I did walking from the Marriott next to Hyatt place to the carnival port. At the 5min mark you see Julia street terminal. That’s NCL.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Not sure on the street car. That station has been closed since before Covid due to construction. I know that’s over so maybe it’s open now. But I personally haven’t seen a bunch of luggage on street cars so I don’t know if it’s allowed or not. But the convention center/warehouse district hotels are a great option and usually you can get one at a good price. This is where you’re going to collect your luggage in relation to the hotels. There’s also a Marriott on this side of the Hyatt place that isn’t showing up for some reason.

IMG_4669.jpeg

I checked the streetcar route and you’re right. It doesn’t look like that station is open anymore. It looks like the closest station is on the other side of the Hilton riverside. Unfortunately that hotel is running a little high for my dates. And it’s not coming up on Hotwire. I did book that for the night before my cruise though on your recommendation! I got a great rate through Hotwire!

I wanted pizza but they switched to little Caesar’s. I get it. Caesar’s Superdome. But I just don’t think I can pay 9 bucks for a slice or little Caesar’s. Then they didn’t have the brisket sandwiches. So I’m going ultimate nachos.

IMG_4695.jpeg

• Like 3

I could’ve had this hotel at a great price all season but I’m mixing it up with some other places that are also great prices. Next time I’m at a residence inn on St. Charles street that I’m pretty sure is new. If I’m not mistaken it’s next to the intercontinental and they were working on it last year.

This is the summary for this one.

IMG_4763.thumb.jpeg.40c1d8a1d0127eadff6364ad5f2b192d.jpeg

• Like 3