Saint Greg’s NOLA trips

Saint Greg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, cruises42 said:

We will be in New Orleans next year after a cruise. We will probably stay only 1 night. Do you have any recommendations on where to stay and what is a must see? I was thinking French Quarter. One of our family members can't walk very far.

Yeah first time, one day, I'd say French Quarter to start with. With walking issues I'd say you want to uber/lyft to a french quarter hotel and stay there. If I could pick any hotel there it would be the Monteleone. Royal Sonesta on Bourbon street would be my second choice. If price is an issue I've found good deals at the Sheraton Four Points on Bourbon Street. More of a 3-3.5* hotel where the other two are more like 4.5.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah first time, one day, I'd say French Quarter to start with. With walking issues I'd say you want to uber/lyft to a french quarter hotel and stay there. If I could pick any hotel there it would be the Monteleone. Royal Sonesta on Bourbon street would be my second choice. If price is an issue I've found good deals at the Sheraton Four Points on Bourbon Street. More of a 3-3.5* hotel where the other two are more like 4.5.

Thanks! I'll check them out. I was looking a little today and the prices were crazy (most were over $400, some even over $1000). Definitely over budget.

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’ve never stayed there but would like to. It’s a historic building. Used to be a World Trade Center.

IMG_5459.thumb.jpeg.33b0c2df09b7ef91101712ee9cd79c37.jpeg

I'll check out the other places you mentioned. Do you know which hotel is closest to the main area in the French Quarter? I don't really know anything about New Orleans.

Thanks again!

8 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

I'll check out the other places you mentioned. Do you know which hotel is closest to the main area in the French Quarter? I don't really know anything about New Orleans.

Thanks again!

I would call Jackson Square the main area of the FQ. Of the three I mentioned, Four Points is closest. Actually I’m seeing bourbon Orleans being close as well. I’ve stayed there a few times. They sometimes have good prices. Omni royal Orleans has a nice rooftop bar you can see Jackson square and the river from.

IMG_5460.thumb.jpeg.ca6c7e15d4391dd34d5a7f5d09137a04.jpeg

13 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

Thanks again!

In case you’re curious where international house is.

IMG_5461.thumb.jpeg.a01ffe2b2435907c4ea676bda6d02697.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I would call Jackson Square the main area of the FQ. Of the three I mentioned, Four Points is closest. Actually I’m seeing bourbon Orleans being close as well. I’ve stayed there a few times. They sometimes have good prices. Omni royal Orleans has a nice rooftop bar you can see Jackson square and the river from.

IMG_5460.thumb.jpeg.ca6c7e15d4391dd34d5a7f5d09137a04.jpeg

Thanks. I was looking at Omni yesterday and saw prices in the $200's and today it was $499

• Like 1