Boston - Pre Cruise Non Chain Hotel - Great for Walking

Rebels82

1 hour ago, Rebels82 said:

What is a great quiet, small, non chain hotel in Boston that is safe and great for walking? We are on a ship now in port and the planes are very loud. We are looking for one night prior to cruise. Thanks!

Check out the Godfrey or the Lenox.  Neither will be cheap (that's not found in downtown, where you want to be.  Also, the Bostonian (which is a member of the Millennium group) as it came up the most reasonable for me for this past August.  I booked a long time in advance. Just book a refundable rate.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rebels82 said:

What is a great quiet, small, non chain hotel in Boston that is safe and great for walking?

From a non chain boutique hotel standpoint XV Beacon does a very good job and is located not far from the State House and Beacon Hill-- they have a great steakhouse downstairs. The Eliot also falls into this category but is a little more formal and not my favorite option but worth a look. 

The Boston Harbor Hotel is also independent and right on the waterfront-- this would be more walking distance to the financial district, water front attractions, and Faneuil Hall area. It's a full service luxury hotel so won't fit your "small" requirement. 

The Newbury Hotel is the former, locally beloved, Ritz-Carlton (as in old school Ritz Carlton from 1927, not the current Marriott brand) and has been recently thoroughly renovated and updated. Location is incredible right on Boston Public Garden and walkable to most things in the city. 

My personal favorite hotel alas is part of a chain. The Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel oozes old Boston style and has an incredible sense of place in the city. Located on Copley Square you can easily walk to Back Bay shopping or to Boston Common/Public Garden and all the historical sites. 

None of the options above are inexpensive but you won't be able to mistake any of them for being anywhere but Boston. Boston overall is a great walking city and most things are about 10-15 minutes brisk walk from each other so thats less of an issue when choosing a hotel in the downtown core. 

• Like 1