Resilient Lady - Greek Island Glow - thoughts?

Cruise_baby

Hi All!

We are new to this cruise line and are looking to book the Resilient Lady in Greece for next September.

Should I be worried that the ship will be delayed again and it will not start sailing in May?

I have been reading some posts from this board and see about getting Sailor Loot, etc.

Any tips you would like to share about the line, how to save some $, things we should know or think about before booking?

BTW, this will be hubby and I's 50th birthday and 25the anniversary getaway. We were originally thinking of a land trip to Greece, but when I looked into this line I figured it would be different from the same old cruise.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Cruise_baby said:

Hi All!

We are new to this cruise line and are looking to book the Resilient Lady in Greece for next September.

Should I be worried that the ship will be delayed again and it will not start sailing in May?

I have been reading some posts from this board and see about getting Sailor Loot, etc.

Any tips you would like to share about the line, how to save some $, things we should know or think about before booking?

BTW, this will be hubby and I's 50th birthday and 25the anniversary getaway. We were originally thinking of a land trip to Greece, but when I looked into this line I figured it would be different from the same old cruise.

Thanks!

I think the greek itineraries look great! We’re considering one as well, cruising around Greece is a great way of seeing that part of the world.

I think after the issues they had with the first round of Resilient Lady cancellations I’d be surprised if was delayed again to be honest. 

Main money saving advice is to take part in the sailor loot referrals on here as much as possible, following the link on here and linking up bookings with anyone already booked. We had $650 on our recent voyage and it was amazing help.

39 minutes ago, jamesv2811 said:

I think the greek itineraries look great! We’re considering one as well, cruising around Greece is a great way of seeing that part of the world.

I think after the issues they had with the first round of Resilient Lady cancellations I’d be surprised if was delayed again to be honest. 

Main money saving advice is to take part in the sailor loot referrals on here as much as possible, following the link on here and linking up bookings with anyone already booked. We had $650 on our recent voyage and it was amazing help.

I've been comparing this one with the greek island itineraries of the other cruise lines, and this one looks far better due to the amount of time in Santorini and Mykonos. Staying overnight in Mykonos allows you to experience the island nightlife, which is what Mykonos is all about. 

Thanks for the tip regarding the Sailor Loot. I will definitely do that.

On 9/19/2022 at 8:44 AM, jamesv2811 said:

Hello, we just booked the Greek Island Glow on Resilient Lady yesterday for June 2023.
I am not aware of the Sailot Loot program. How does it work and is it too late now that we've booked ?
Thank you !

You can look up the Sailor's Loot program on the VV website.  Basically, the idea is that after you book, you get a code that you can share with friends or new on line friends.  If they book, you each get $50 in onboard credit (VV calls it Sailor's Loot).  The thing is that you really don't have to know the other person--they can be your new on line friend.  Each person can only be referred once, but you can have up to 16 referrals tied to your reservation.  The referrals can be added at any time.  The easiest way to do it is to have your TA process it for you. If it is being done after the fact, you need the name and booking number of the person you are referring.

A few months ago there was a special where they increased the referral credit to $200--at that time, ONE of the bookings had to be made while the special offer was in effect. 

Another hint--their onboard booking program is great and it IS transferrable.  That means that if you have a trusted friend or your travel agent on a cruise, that person can buy a placeholder or do an onboard booking in your name--they'll need your credit card information, name, date of birth, etc.  The placeholder is usually easier because then you can change it to a real cruise when you are ready.  The normal deal is you get the $300 that you paid for the placeholder applied to your booking plus an extra $300 for the rebooking on board AND $300 in Sailor's Loot.  BUT...on some cruises they offer a special that is $600 in Sailor's Loot.  And you can add booking referrals on top of that.  

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 9:32 AM, New@Cruisin said:

Hello, we just booked the Greek Island Glow on Resilient Lady yesterday for June 2023.
I am not aware of the Sailot Loot program. How does it work and is it too late now that we've booked ?
Thank you !

We also booked for June 2023. So excited. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 7:14 AM, Cruise_baby said:

Hi All!

Thanks!

We are booked B2B, 14 days, out of Athens September 2023. We are new to Virgin and are doing a trial 5 night Caribbean next month to get a feel for how things work onboard.  I researched other cruise lines with similar itinerary extensively.  Virgin itinerary topped them all and it’s perfect for island hopping.   One difference with Virgin is they have longer stays on the islands and an overnight in Mykonos.

• 1 month later...