Seashore Yacht Club Trivia

Shippy

We LOVED our cruise so although some of these things are a bit critical, I mean them just to be informational as we have done YC before on other ships & will continue to do so..

We have already rebooked. Seashore will not be in Miami when we go so we will try the Seascape.

Surprising flaws for a new ship. We were in cabin 16026 RS

The ceiling above the deck had so much rust that there were actually paint chips that fell off on to the deck.

In the bathroom there are 2 shelves on either side of the sink. Towel racks above each so you had to move the towel to open a drawer.

If you are short, you might not be able to access the safe as it is small and pushed way back on the shelf. Tons of shelves in the cabin but most shallow. The cabinet with the deepest drawers is blocked by a mini sofa.

Internet VERY slow. TV would cut in & out.  I was shocked to see they still charged for movies. Used to be $4.99 now $8.99.

Used to be 1/2 dozen snacks in the mini bar that would be replaced. Now 2, nuts & pringles & charged if replace. No more mini liquor bottles but you can each get a full size bottle.

The sign for breakfast that you hang on the door said it starts at 7am. I tended to get up early & called between 5a & 6a for coffee & pastry. Only about 5 minutes until delivered.

Big design flaw right outside the 16th floor entrance to the YC....the entrance...marble floors to the elevators....then , just past that is the Jungle Pool area. There is so much humidity from that area that the marble floors tend to be a bit slick. They had several fans going the whole time we were there to try & keep those floors dry. Also small warning signs on the walls.

Pool Grill constantly great. We had breakfast here every morning and most lunches. Not advertised but they will make you eggs benedict there. Ask for extra

sauce    :O)     Did you know they also serve ice cream there ? just ask

YC lounge was great. Nice live music. great snacks all the time. At 9pm that put out some Venchi chocolates.

YC restaurant very good. I mainly ordered off the every day side. Salmon & Filet Mignon always fabulous.

I usually tell them in the morning of Italian night that we eat in the MDR but I forgot so we stayed in the YC restaurant.

Waiters wore some Italian colors but that was it. No Italian music, no pasta dishes. I mention it o the waiter. He said the MDR is the place to go on Italian night because it is much more festive.

BUT....all the good out ways the rest.   Service was great, food was great, beds very comfortable.

Pool deck never crowded. Butlers are the best. I had forgotten how they get you off the ship in different ports by bypassing the lines. And in a tender port where everyone else had to go to the theater to get there tender tickets, we just waltzed off.

It is like most people say...Yacht Club is about the experience.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, mafig said:

"Each get a full size bottle"  Really?  

We were told that we could have a regular sized bottle of liquor or a bottle of wine.  By regular size, I mean the size between the airplane size and standard size.  Would that be a fifth?  Sorry, don't really know my liquor sizing like I do wine 🙂.  Sounds like OP was in a Royal Suite so perhaps they get two?

1 hour ago, mafig said:

"Each get a full size bottle"  Really?  

I had forgotten about Italian night.  Do  you recall what night that is?  Does it conflict with anything else in the YC dining room?

Italian night was the last sea day.

YC dining room does change some selections each night but there is really nothing that I would say is anything different any night as far as themes.

37 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Italian night was the last sea day.

YC dining room does change some selections each night but there is really nothing that I would say is anything different any night as far as themes.

The last sea day is also the YC's Seafood Extravaganza poolside, isn't it?  

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We were told that we could have a regular sized bottle of liquor or a bottle of wine.  By regular size, I mean the size between the airplane size and standard size.  Would that be a fifth?  Sorry, don't really know my liquor sizing like I do wine 🙂.  Sounds like OP was in a Royal Suite so perhaps they get two?

My husband got a litre of Kettle One Vodka. I got a bottle of white wine

• Like 1