Hurricane Fiona

crewsweeper

34 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Did he post a picture?  Video?  Was he there or just relaying from a third party?

there's a video at the link, shows parts of the pier washed up along the beach and large gaps along the pier itself.  It's hard to get a good idea how much though.

Edited by atricks
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, atricks said:

there's a video at the link, shows parts of the pier washed up along the beach and large gaps along the pier itself.  It's hard to get a good idea how much though.

I watched the video a couple times and it’s really hard to tell what actually is broken away from the dock. We go in January and I’m a tad heartbroken with the idea we may not go. My little kids wanted to swim in the ocean and that would be the perfect location for that!

I really hope the residents of Grand Turk are ok.

• Like 1

On Jack's Shack FB page there's au US Coast Guard video surveying the damage to the island.  Very end of the cruise pier is washed away.    Small excursion pier look in tack.  Lots of roofs off buildings through out the island.  Lots of flooding.  Video moves too quickly for me to spot other beachfront places damage.

Looks like just the newest portion of the pier that was constructed to accommodate the mega ships has collapsed. The rest of the pier APPEARS intact. If engineers deem it structurally sound, there's no reason Spirit and Conquest class ships (and the like) can't moor there. 

More importantly, great news no injuries or deaths occurred from the storm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1