aarp gift cards

happywandering

Is anyone else having trouble buying from your cart?  I keep getting the message that they are unable to fill my order at this time and are working on it.  The questions are what is the problem and when will it be fixed.  My  paranoia is kicking in.  I wonder if they are trying to stop selling the HAL cards.  I have not purchased any since June, but had no trouble at that time.

About 10 days ago DH and I ordered some gift cards. We each get 5 per month.

My order went through with no problem, but they charged DH and he didn't get an email confirmation showing he had bought any.  When he called they had no record of his order.  We finally, today, got the charge reversed.  A headache! It sounds like they're still having problems.

4 hours ago, happywandering said:

Is anyone else having trouble buying from your cart?  I keep getting the message that they are unable to fill my order at this time and are working on it.  The questions are what is the problem and when will it be fixed.  My  paranoia is kicking in.  I wonder if they are trying to stop selling the HAL cards.  I have not purchased any since June, but had no trouble at that time.

There is definitely an issue now with what looks to be an updated error message. I tried a dummy purchase of a HAL card and a separate dummy purchase of a non cruise gift card.  Both showed the same message on the checkout screen.

image.png.fe45595696a4acd3947c35233bafde01.png

Undated is a concern.  Has this been true for months, weeks, days?  Sounds like partial success for cruising-along.  Would sure like to use gifted cards to pay off my February cruise.  Perhaps AARP is trying to escape from the rewards gift cards totally????  The good news is I still have some time before final payment is due.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I need 3 more $500 cards to pay off my Jan7 sailing. But I have 2.5 weeks to Final Payment. Here's hoping!

Still terminating with the notice:

NOTICE: Cart checkout is currently unavailable and purchases have been temporarily disabled.

We are working to remedy the issue & apologize for the inconvenience.

(7PM MDT)

• Thanks 1

I purchased 5 each of the $500 cards on Sept 8 without a problem.  I got the emails within minutes.  I hope it gets fixed as I would like to get 5 more in early October for our final payment that is due on Oct 10

Edited by iflyrc5
  • Like 1

I tried again today and the message is there before you even try to check out (scrolling down). I used the "chat" feature and "Michele" informed me that (1) there is no other way to buy gift cards, such as over the phone, and (2) they are working hard on it, hope to have it back up next week. 

ETA: I think she implied they were performing "usage" analysis, not an actual website problem! I don't know if they are keeping high-usage Rewards, or doing away with them!!!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BSR said:

What exactly can you use the ARRP gift cards for?   Do you bring them on the ship with you and apply them towards your final bill?  How do you apply them ahead of time to the final payment?

from another topic ...

online at the HAL website to my booking and then to the section - "manage payment" When the page came up and showed me the remaining balance and the payment options - I chose pay with gift cards. You are allowed to enter 10 gift cards at one time. The process is a little tedious but the website accepted all my gift cards and I paid off the cruise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laura1960 said:

Interestingly enough, I no longer see the HAL $500 value card available, just the $100 one

My three are still in our cart with notation "In stock". I'm now afraid to take them out in case I can't put them back!

ETA: Our final payment is the 9th of October and I will make the payment the 8th, with or without the gift cards. Fortunately the rest of the cruise was paid with gift cards or FCC.

Edited by crystalspin

6 hours ago, laura1960 said:

I'm still getting the message that cart checkout is currently unavailable. Dang, because final payment is next week. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Interestingly enough, I no longer see the HAL $500 value card available, just the $100 one

So I looked at "All Rewards" and saw that ALL of the cruise gift cards are only offered in $100 denominations. I figured that they are not going to honor the $500 ones even if they are already in my cart, so I removed them and put five $100 ones in. The checkout is still disabled!

Why do I think it won't be back up in September (when I could at least save $50 for September and $50 for October)?

43 minutes ago, JCP3 said:

I just spoke with AARP and they say it will purchases will be restored at 11:30am est.  We will have to wait and see.

The message is now gone...I was able to purchase again...

Edited by alyssamma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

The message is now gone...I was able to purchase again...

Thank you.  It looks like only the $100 cards are available?  I was able to purchase my 5 cards for the month just before everything shut down but when DH tried minutes later it was down.  We're going to wait a couple days (the 30th) to try again and hopefully they'll have the $500 cards back. 

"NOTICE: Cart checkout is currently unavailable and purchases have been temporarily disabled.  We are working to remedy the issue & apologize for the inconvenience."  Our team is made up entirely of a diverse group of twenty-somethings, and are performing at near average levels.

Maybe AARP should hire some senior, well seasoned and high performing employees?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1