No excursions posted for April Scottish Adventure-should I be worried?

newtocruiseinblue

Just booked a five day Scottish adventure yesterday and I was surprised when I signed on and there were no shore excursions available. They did not show any that were available and sold out, there just weren’t any available. Too soon? Hopefully I’m not missing some strange restrictions in Scotland that prevent short excursions. I’m sure that they will come in time. We can always venture off on our own as well. this is my third cruise that I have planned for the upcoming year and I think my friends and family are getting tired of hearing about all of my wonderful adventures ahead ☺️

Edited by newtocruiseinblue

Is that the one with two Scottish ports of call?  Invergordon and South Queensferry?

If yes, then there will be shore ex posted soonish!

We were there a couple of weeks back and there were plenty of tours available also there is a bus service in South Queensferry to Edinbugh on cruise call days.

https://www.lothianbuses.com/news/2022/05/cruiselink-x99-returns-to-queensferry/

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Is that the one with two Scottish ports of call?  Invergordon and South Queensferry?

We were there a couple of weeks back and there were plenty of tours available also there is a bus service in South Queensferry to Edinbugh on cruise call days.

https://www.lothianbuses.com/news/2022/05/cruiselink-x99-returns-to-queensferry/

Cool! Thanks!! 

4 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Vmax - any recommendations on what to see or were there any cool Hal shore excursions or experiences that you had? I’m so excited about this…or any warnings or advice? It’s at the end of april 23 on Rotterdam

I'm on the Rotterdam TA and the following 5 nights Norway/Denmark, then Scotland.  I figured that there were no excursions yet because the TA and following sailings were changed in June.  I imagine it just takes a while to get the vendors lined up.  Most itineraries (at least in the pre-Covid days) are set a couple of years in advance, at least.  So, a few months isn't long under these circumstances.

Don't think I'll do excursions in either port, though.  Will probably take a taxi up to Edinburgh Castle, then walk down the Royal mile.  Edinburgh's one of my favorite places.

I'm still researching what to do from Invergordon.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

I'm on the Rotterdam TA and the following 5 nights Norway/Denmark, then Scotland.  I figured that there were no excursions yet because the TA and following sailings were changed in June.  I imagine it just takes a while to get the vendors lined up.  Most itineraries (at least in the pre-Covid days) are set a couple of years in advance, at least.  So, a few months isn't long under these circumstances.

Don't think I'll do excursions in either port, though.  Will probably take a taxi up to Edinburgh Castle, then walk down the Royal mile.  Edinburgh's one of my favorite places.

I'm still researching what to do from Invergordon.

Thank you! I did not realized they had been changed so that makes sense!!! Your plans sound wonderful! 

3 hours ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

Vmax - any recommendations on what to see or were there any cool Hal shore excursions or experiences that you had? I’m so excited about this…or any warnings or advice? It’s at the end of april 23 on Rotterdam

Due to DW's health situation we did nothing exciting or spectacular.  In Invergordon we took a HAL tour to Lough Ness and we had a stop in the village of Beauly, where the old priory was interesting (but there was a downpour at the time, however DW was fascinated by 'man in kilt who sounded like Sean Connery' 🙄). 

20220908_153320.thumb.jpg.ede97701a79429cc8bcf498fe3d4cded.jpg

20220908_153353.thumb.jpg.cfd03806ec6d5cdc288169c656d5cfb6.jpg

20220908_153605.thumb.jpg.c5fdb1c83aeb3cb282ac3ecabee37df0.jpg

Invergordon is a lovely Victorian sea-side town, however we were there the day aft QE2 died, so we did not venture into Edinburgh, as we have been there numerous times and didn't want to risk getting caught in security nets.

20220909_125221.thumb.jpg.17ff871fc878aa37661c9c60119070d4.jpg20220909_125250.thumb.jpg.25f975021f0dcccaa91e64dac97df409.jpg

11 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Due to DW's health situation we did nothing exciting or spectacular.  In Invergordon we took a HAL tour to Lough Ness and we had a stop in the village of Beauly, where the old priory was interesting (but there was a downpour at the time, however DW was fascinated by 'man in kilt who sounded like Sean Connery' 🙄). 

20220908_153320.thumb.jpg.ede97701a79429cc8bcf498fe3d4cded.jpg

20220908_153353.thumb.jpg.cfd03806ec6d5cdc288169c656d5cfb6.jpg

20220908_153605.thumb.jpg.c5fdb1c83aeb3cb282ac3ecabee37df0.jpg

Invergordon is a lovely Victorian sea-side town, however we were there the day aft QE2 died, so we did not venture into Edinburgh, as we have been there numerous times and didn't want to risk getting caught in security nets.

20220909_125221.thumb.jpg.17ff871fc878aa37661c9c60119070d4.jpg20220909_125250.thumb.jpg.25f975021f0dcccaa91e64dac97df409.jpg

Very cool! I love it! Thank you for sharing. Great pictures!!

I'm definitely thinking of just wandering around Invergordon.

VMax - I spent a couple of days in Cork way back in the early 80s.  Eex had a friend living there while working for Schlumberger.  My first ever trip abroad was to Oxford to see this guy I'd met while he was in the states working with my roommate.  We took his mother's car over on the ferry from Fishguard to Rosslare, then down to Cork.  Had such a wonderful time in a pub where the patrons were playing their whistles by the fire.  Friendliest people ever in Ireland.  Had my first ever Murphy's stout, which I prefer to Guinness.  Then drove along the south coast over to Dingle Bay, then back across to catch the Ferry back to Wales.

I'll get back to Cork one of these days, I hope.

• Like 1