barefoot beach and junior suite

I am going to labadee on the mariner next week. do JR suites have access to barefoot beach? Also i see barefoot beach cabanas are available for purchase can I book in that area or should I just stick with Nellies... Been a long time since I have been to labadee and trying to figure it out ( last 2 times did not get off ship  but have grandkids with me and trying ti maximize my time with them and they like beach days..  Thanks

29 minutes ago, dappledumpling said:

I am going to labadee on the mariner next week. do JR suites have access to barefoot beach? Also i see barefoot beach cabanas are available for purchase can I book in that area or should I just stick with Nellies... Been a long time since I have been to labadee and trying to figure it out ( last 2 times did not get off ship  but have grandkids with me and trying ti maximize my time with them and they like beach days..  Thanks

It used to be that Cabanas on Barefoot where only able to be booked by people in full suites (Grand and above) but recently, they seem to have opened them up for anyone to book.  So yes, you can book one.  But if you want to go to Barefoot Beach without having booked one, you'd need to be in a Grand suite or better, or have Pinnacle status, Junior Suites don't count as a full suite for most suite perks.  For playing in the water, Columbus Cove probably has the better beach area--soft sand, fairly shallow and calm.  And open to everyone.  There are some bungalows there at Columbus Cove, less fancy than a cabana, that are a nice option if you want a fully covered space with comfy seating. You would book those via the Cruise Planner as well. 

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 3