Fort Lauderdale Crowne Plaza

Aquaticdreams

We booked a room at the Crowne Plaza for two nights pre cruise. It’s only 1.5 miles from Port Everglades and looked fine in the photos so it seemed like it would be a good choice and popular. But I’ve noticed there’s usually no mention of it on this board. Has anyone stayed there? We don’t need anything too fancy but I don’t want to stay in a dump either. I can always book something else if this one is bad. Any feedback on this hotel? 

It's in a very industrial location and you may want to look at Google reviews as one very recent review from 3 days ago mentions the hotel currently being under renovation....."The hotel was undergoing major renovations on the 5th floor where the restaurant, bar and gift shop are located so that took away from the overall experience".

Thanks for the helpful feedback. Sounds like the hotel is decent. We could live with the construction and we can always take a cab to go out so I’m not ruling it out. But since it’s not ideal I’m looking at other options. We’ll be there for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day so everything is pretty pricey. I looked at valuetrips for the Hyatt Place which is highly rated here but New Year’s Eve is a blackout. Any suggestions for a nice but reasonably priced hotel that’s maybe in a better location than the Crowne Plaza are welcomed.

On 9/24/2022 at 11:56 AM, KreinKrunker said:

The Riverside on Los Olas would be a great location for New Years.  But I'm sure most places are going to be high priced for the holiday.

Just checked prices, and Riverside's lowest priced rooms (the old tower), is only about $50 more than Crowne Plaza.  

Thanks for the suggestion! I booked the Riverside. Awesome location, we’re excited to stay there!