Free Drink Package, WiFi and Free Gratuities question

RMLLEL

12 hours ago, kathynorth said:

Yes the classic package. It includes gratuity for drinks within the classic package. If you purchase a drink that costs more than is allowed then you are charged the difference plus the tax and gratuity on the difference.

We would sometimes order a glass of wine or mixed drink that was a dollar more then allowed in classic and get charged $1.20.  Although I seem to remember when we were in one of the ports, they charged us additional tax (maybe 8 cents) however, my memory could be faulty.

4 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

We would sometimes order a glass of wine or mixed drink that was a dollar more then allowed in classic and get charged $1.20.  Although I seem to remember when we were in one of the ports, they charged us additional tax (maybe 8 cents) however, my memory could be faulty.

When ships are docked in some ports they have to add local tax to the drinks (vat/avt).

20 hours ago, RMLLEL said:

Hi.  If we have the free drink package does that include gratuities when we get a soda or a drink?  Is there an extra service charge added when you get a drink?  Is this promotion for a Classic Drink Package?

Thanks.

With Celebrity, the beverage gratuity is indeed already included with your "Free" package....at least for our last couple of cruises it has been. However, in case anyone is considering NCL's "Free" package, be advised their packages do not include beverage gratuities. Other cruise lines may he like NCL's or like Celebrity's; it pays to check.😉

I'm not saying NCL's deal is worse than Celebrities, it's just priced differently. 😎

Doug

Thanks so much for getting back to me.  I just received our booking confirmation and on it the code is:

YWH1-BEVCLINGRAT1. I am assuming that means Classic Beverage Package including gratuities.  It's a great perk.

Thanks again.

2 hours ago, RMLLEL said:

Thanks so much for getting back to me.  I just received our booking confirmation and on it the code is:

YWH1-BEVCLINGRAT1. I am assuming that means Classic Beverage Package including gratuities.  It's a great perk.

Thanks again.

I am not sure but it might be the classic drink package (which includes the gratuities on the drinks), basic internet access, and cabin gratuities.

3 hours ago, RMLLEL said:

Thanks again.

Classic Beverage Package

Internet

Gratuities

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1