Distilled water for CPAP

Beaver1975

2 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Have used CPAP for over 20 years and on over 30 cruises and on my third machine with no problems.  But what do I know?

There is absolutely no reason to ruin a CPAP machine with tap water if NCL provides distilled water for free. 

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

There is absolutely no reason to ruin a CPAP machine with tap water if NCL provides distilled water for free. 

I use tap water at home, so I use tap water on board.  Not ruining my machine at all.  Get a new one every few years from insurance and get a new chamber and heated tube every 6 months.  

Not going to go through the hassle and expense of buying distilled water at home.

1 minute ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I use tap water at home, so I use tap water on board.  Not ruining my machine at all.  Get a new one every few years from insurance and get a new chamber and heated tube every 6 months.  

Not going to go through the hassle and expense of buying distilled water at home.

I suppose if you throw out your machine and humidifier that's one way to fix the problems caused by using tap water. Unfortunately, there are those of us, with insurance, still page $800+ for a machine, $30 for a tub, and $40 for hoses. So, we can't just throw out our equipment and actually follow the recommended practices of using distilled water and cleaning.