Beverage Package - WATER TO BE INCLUDED!

GeriatricNurse

3 hours ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

So weird to me that you all even complain about water.  We just bring back glasses of water from the dining room.  Nothing wrong with NCL water.  Carnival was another story.  Even the NCL Solo Lounge has free water available, just not bottled water.  

Agree. I don't understand the folks that get so excited over bottles/cartons of water. We bring a refillable bottle with us (always manage to leave it behind somehow though...) and just tap up as we need from the buffet or any of the bars. 

For folks moaning and complaining about the cost of the 'free' drink package, it's still a lot cheaper than what we paid when we sailed with RCC. With the 'free' drink package, it works out to about $20/person/day. So if we drink 3 drinks, we break even (they always lose money on us). With RCC, they charged me $60/person/day. 

So regardless of the price of the 'free-not really free' NCL drink package, it's still a much better deal for folks who drink than RCC. And I don't really care that RCC includes special coffee or bottles of water. Anyone who drinks $40 of Starbucks a day needs to be in some type of therapy.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

So weird to me that you all even complain about water.  We just bring back glasses of water from the dining room.  Nothing wrong with NCL water.  Carnival was another story.  Even the NCL Solo Lounge has free water available, just not bottled water.  

So,,, this is what's in your ship's water system (normally not as concentrated). We had this water for 1/2 a day on our cruise. 

image.png.de04d39a351df1b9b6fda7e56935a061.png

image.png.eb10871e14089d4fc86a19697dae21e1.png

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 6:49 AM, SeaShark said:

Please tell me that you don't really think that you get the package for free. As the cost is built into the fare structure, you're paying for it whether you take it or not.

Not certain about other countries.  But on the NCL site when in Canadian dollars as soon as you get to selecting the state room your presented with the option of the Cabin without the "free package" and the cabin with the "free package"  It is odd but at times you can get a sizable discount by not accepting the "free package".

31 minutes ago, em-sk said:

Not certain about other countries.  But on the NCL site when in Canadian dollars as soon as you get to selecting the state room your presented with the option of the Cabin without the "free package" and the cabin with the "free package"  It is odd but at times you can get a sizable discount by not accepting the "free package".

That is not just in Canada. And yes, some part of that fare is paying for the "free packages" that are a part of Free@Sea. What NCL has done is to spread out the cost over all cabins. In the end, they are doing this because these "free" packages make them more money than they would by selling the items directly.

Trust that the pricing models for these "free" items are not structured to benefit you and me. It is all part of the marketing...it isn't the deal you get, it's the deal you think you get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,, this is what's in your ship's water system (normally not as concentrated). We had this water for 1/2 a day on our cruise. 

image.png.de04d39a351df1b9b6fda7e56935a061.png

image.png.eb10871e14089d4fc86a19697dae21e1.png

Granted you've cruised a lot more than I have, but we have never once experienced anything close to water color looking like that. Are you saying the water from the buffet and MDR and bars all look like that as well? Or is that just the plumbing water from the cabin faucet?

22 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Granted you've cruised a lot more than I have, but we have never once experienced anything close to water color looking like that. Are you saying the water from the buffet and MDR and bars all look like that as well? Or is that just the plumbing water from the cabin faucet?

I thought it was the soup of the day.

I’m very excited about this.  We have just recently started purchasing the 12 pack of the larger cartons.  And have gotten through most of them, only leaving 1 behind.  We like these, because we bring our flavor additives.  Easier to dump into the carton, put the top on and mix it up.  Rather that trying to mix it in a glass..we drink water through out the day and night, as well as the adult beverage while out and about. We are happy to pay the gratuities on the FAS standard package and don’t feel the need to upgrade to the + package

4 minutes ago, GaryWT said:

Also drank water from the Observation lounge a lot.  I drink a lot of water. 

Same here.  We've stayed on the same deck as the obs lounge the last two cruises,  and it's great to just drop in and fill up with ice water.  I didn't even have to bother my hard-working steward for ice.

Hilarious.

"Nothing wrong with NCL's water."

That's not much of an endorsement.  Especially when it's as much about taste as it is about quality.

You'd have to convince everybody that either none of us have ever tasted the tap water on a cruise ship or we're all just lying about how horrible it tasted.

Very subjective.  Your insults have no power here.  Be gone.