2024 brochure

silversurf

Anyone's guess. The 2023 brochure was planned to launch last December but only appeared at the end of March. I understand from Saga that the 2024 brochure will be issued in two instalments, Winter/Spring and Summer. You can pre-register for either or both.

I asked the Saga World Rep. about this when I was on board Adventure earlier this month.  He said they hoped to release January to March 2024 cruises this October, followed by April to December 2024 cruises later this year.  

We’ve also pre-registered for April - December 2024 cruises.  

Saga  phone people who have pre-registered before they publish the brochure, so it may not be made available to the general public until next year.

On 9/23/2022 at 12:14 PM, LandC said:

Saga  phone people who have pre-registered before they publish the brochure, so it may not be made available to the general public until next year.

Even pre registered not likely to get it this year. 

On 9/22/2022 at 9:42 PM, LandC said:

I asked the Saga World Rep. about this when I was on board Adventure earlier this month.  He said they hoped to release January to March 2024 cruises this October, followed by April to December 2024 cruises later this year.  

Hoped 😉

On 9/23/2022 at 12:14 PM, LandC said:

For those who are not aware how this works. They email you with an advance copy of the brochure, so you can look what is on offer before they ring. You must wait for them to ring you, which they do in order of pre registration. You cannot jump the queue by ringing them.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 9:42 PM, LandC said:

Having heard this a while ago, I contacted Saga Ocean Cruises via the webchat facility and was told they'd heard nothing about splitting 2024 into 2 releases. How can I verify this?

It sounds like the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing, which doesn’t surprise me.  

The fact that people can pre-register separately for Jan - March and April - December 2024 indicates that Saga intend to release the Jan- March cruises first, but this could change of course.

We have pre-registered for 2024 but I wasn't asked for which part of the year.   As the cost is set as £90  per person I would assume it is for the whole of 2024.    I am sailing soon so will ask on board, I may be lucky, the brochure might be out for 2024 and I can book on-board.

• Thanks 1

That’s interesting.  When we pre-registered we got a letter stating April -  2024.  Does your letter give  a date?

I hope you enjoy your cruise. Do post here if you find out any more information whilst on board.

I have looked out my letter dated July 2022.   The text doesn't mention a part of the year.  On the right hand side I have a booking number and holiday start date 01 January 2024.   Thats all.  I just assumed it was for the whole year.

Landc I will post anything I learn on-board.   

17 hours ago, Portplush said:

I have looked out my letter dated July 2022.   The text doesn't mention a part of the year.  On the right hand side I have a booking number and holiday start date 01 January 2024.   Thats all.  I just assumed it was for the whole year.

Yes we took out our pre-registration on board SoD back in June of this year. It was clearly stated that you had the option of "Winter Schedule" which I assume is the January to April 2024 or the "Summer Schedule" which is April to December 2024. We chose the Summer at a cost of £90pp. I think choosing both schedules would double that cost.

9 hours ago, arlowood said:

Yes we took out our pre-registration on board SoD back in June of this year. It was clearly stated that you had the option of "Winter Schedule" which I assume is the January to April 2024 or the "Summer Schedule" which is April to December 2024. We chose the Summer at a cost of £90pp. I think choosing both schedules would double that cost.

Like you, I pre registered on a Saga cruise. I was asked whether I wanted to pre register for Jan-March, April-Dec, or both. I chose both as I hope to go to the Canaries in Jan or Feb followed by a cruise in Summer.  I had to put down £90 each, £180 in total. I received two email confirmations, one dated Jan 2024 and the other dated April 2024.

Edited by Denarius
error corrected

On 9/25/2022 at 4:25 PM, Portplush said:

Our letter is the same ....so I assumed it's for the whole of 2024. I'll be so annoyed if we're at the back of the queue for April onwards. 

1 hour ago, Wacktle said:

Our letter is the same ....so I assumed it's for the whole of 2024. I'll be so annoyed if we're at the back of the queue for April onwards. 

My pre registrations were made on 3 August 2022 onboard Spirit of Discovery. As I recall it, we were invited to pre register in either the ship's newspaper or a separate flier. At that time they were obviously expecting the 2024 brochure to be launched in two instalments. But when an earlier poster pre registered in July 2022  it appears as though they were only anticipating one launch, so something must have changed in the meantime. Which obviously leads to the question, will the latter receive one phone call or two?

As Alice said, curiouser and curiouser.

Edited by Denarius
spelling
  • Like 1

This is so confusing, even Customer Services staff haven’t been told that 2024 itineraries will be released in two phases.

Saga should clarify when they intend to contact people who have pre-registered and post it on the website, then everyone will know where they are.

• Like 1

I contacted Saga again yesterday via Webchat. I didn't get very far in getting a definitive answer to the question about whether 2024 would be released in 2 phases and, if so, whether we need to pay 2 registration fees. Briefly I was told that releasing cruises in 2 batches was ALWAYS the case. Was it?

I then rang and got through very quickly. (Thank you Saga.) I explained the query to the lovely lady and after discussing several scenarios. This included paying one advance registration, which we had, but not making a booking for the first release and where would we be in the pecking order for the second release, given that some had already registered for both releases. Initially she said that calls for both releases would be in the order of our original, single, registration. However, on further pushing, she messaged a manager with the query. She read out the query text to me to ensure it adequately reflected the question.

Half an hour later, she called back. (Again, thank you Saga.) The answer was that, to ensure that we were higher up the queue for the May-Dec release, we should also register for that release. Therefore we paid an additional registration fee. 

Apologies for the long post, but I hope it helps.

4 hours ago, Wacktle said:

I contacted Saga again yesterday via Webchat. I didn't get very far in getting a definitive answer to the question about whether 2024 would be released in 2 phases and, if so, whether we need to pay 2 registration fees. Briefly I was told that releasing cruises in 2 batches was ALWAYS the case. Was it?

I then rang and got through very quickly. (Thank you Saga.) I explained the query to the lovely lady and after discussing several scenarios. This included paying one advance registration, which we had, but not making a booking for the first release and where would we be in the pecking order for the second release, given that some had already registered for both releases. Initially she said that calls for both releases would be in the order of our original, single, registration. However, on further pushing, she messaged a manager with the query. She read out the query text to me to ensure it adequately reflected the question.

Half an hour later, she called back. (Again, thank you Saga.) The answer was that, to ensure that we were higher up the queue for the May-Dec release, we should also register for that release. Therefore we paid an additional registration fee. 

Apologies for the long post, but I hope it helps.

Yes - we registered aboard SoD during the Icelandic Adventures cruise in June 2022. The lady taking our registration was quite clear that there would be a 2-phase release which she referred to as Winter 2024 and Summer 2024. Opting for both required a double registration fee. We were only interested in cruising between May and September so wo took out a single registration for the "summer" release.

I'm guessing the priority queue will be handled the same way for both releases - ie in date order of pre-registration

Once, I think it might have for the 2022 or 2023 cruises - my memory is not what is was 😃, the whole year was released in one go but it is usual for the release in 2 stages. I do wonder, however, if the current uncertainty makes it difficult to price 2024 cruises and if this might delay the release of at least the first stage.

Just received my weekly Saga mailing 🙃this time with an invite to pre-register for winter 2024.

Blurb says that "January to March 2024 cruises... will go on sale soon. Register .......then before the cruises go on sale to the general public....".

• 3 weeks later...

We’ve also received an invite to pre-register for 2024.  If everyone who gets an invite decides to pre-register, it will take several weeks for Saga to contact everyone.  Latest (unofficial) information is that Saga will start contacting those who pre-registered for January to March 2024 in November.

At this rate, we don’t expect to be contacted to book April- December 2024 cruises until after Christmas! 

• Like 1