2024 brochure

silversurf

14 hours ago, david05 said:

If anyone is interested they have now reached those of us who pre-registered in May last year.

Oh, a long wait for us then. Ours was Sept last year when we found out that our original pre-reg applied only to Jan-March 2024. 

2 minutes ago, Wacktle said:

Oh, a long wait for us then. Ours was Sept last year when we found out that our original pre-reg applied only to Jan-March 2024. 

We moved our Jan-March 2024 to the summer 2024 and have had our call.

1 minute ago, Scorpio41 said:

We moved our Jan-March 2024 to the summer 2024 and have had our call.

Thanks. What date did you move it? When I did ours, the consultant didn't know whether we'd be in the queue from the original pre-reg date, or the new one, i.e. September.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wacktle said:

Thanks. What date did you move it? When I did ours, the consultant didn't know whether we'd be in the queue from the original pre-reg date, or the new one, i.e. September.

I don’t but our original advance registration was in March 2022. We moved it when they called as we could not cruise during the winter months. We were in the first batch of calls for the summer 2024 release. I thought we had gone to the back of the summer queue, but hey ho, I’ve no idea how they do it.

They do get to everyone fairly quickly though.

18 minutes ago, Scorpio41 said:

I don’t but our original advance registration was in March 2022. We moved it when they called as we could not cruise during the winter months. We were in the first batch of calls for the summer 2024 release. I thought we had gone to the back of the summer queue, but hey ho, I’ve no idea how they do it.

Oh well, I can but wait. Hopefully the 2 short cruises we're interested in aren't popular and will still be a 35% discount. We are already registered for April-Dec 2025, so we won't get caught out again.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wacktle said:

Oh well, I can but wait. Hopefully the 2 short cruises we're interested in aren't popular and will still be a 35% discount. We are already registered for April-Dec 2025, so we won't get caught out again.

Check different decks and cabin positions. We normally go on C deck but our upcoming cruise we are are on B deck as it was cheaper with more discount than C deck. It’s best to be flexible. Good Luck.

1 hour ago, Wacktle said:

Just spoke to Saga on another matter but asked about moving winter advance registration to Summer advance registration. You don’t go to the back of the queue. You stay in the number order of your registration.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scorpio41 said:

Same thing happened to us.  That's why I was surprised to get our call on Sunday.  We've now had our call about the insurance so, fingers crossed, we're all good to go.  Given the savings with the discount of 35%, we decided to pay the advance registration fees for the summers of 2025 and 2026. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Portplush said:

Can anyone tell me please, how long they waited for the phone call after receiving their e-brochure.    Thanks.

I got the e-brochure late afternoon on 28 February.  Saga rang me early afternoon on Sunday 5 March. The timing of the call does depend on when you paid your advance registration for the summer 2024 brochure.

On 3/13/2023 at 7:57 AM, Portplush said:

Thank you for your reply.    I have the brochure but I didn't know how long the wait was for the phone call.    Should hear from them soon.

My pre-registration dates back only to Nov 2022. I got the call today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2023 at 8:20 AM, Lady Meer said:

Did you book anything?

Yup. Back-to-back Iceland/Greenland and Norway.

I was told I got a 30% discount on the (more expensive)

Iceland/Greenland cruise, but my invoice says 25%. Got 35% on the Norway cruise.

7 hours ago, GerryL13 said:

Iceland/Greenland cruise, but my invoice says 25%. Got 35% on the Norway cruise.

Your follow on Norway cruise should have qualified for an extra 10% discount as a back-to-back sailing. Perhaps the 35% discount quoted on your invoice is really a 25% + that extra 10%. If not I'd query it with Saga.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, GerryL13 said:

Good choice! They both have great itineraries. If you haven’t been to Greenland before, the passage through Prince Christian Sound is spectacular!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, arlowood said:

Your follow on Norway cruise should have qualified for an extra 10% discount as a back-to-back sailing. Perhaps the 35% discount quoted on your invoice is really a 25% + that extra 10%. If not I'd query it with Saga.

Yes. I got the 10% off the second cruise. I went back and looked at past invoices and noted that on my upcoming cruise pair I got 10% off the total of two cruises. On all the others, the 10% discount was off the lowest priced of the two. Guess I was lucky on the 2023 cruise pair.

1 hour ago, maesteggirl said:

2024 brochure on general sale today. We have just booked the Greek Islands in April with 30% discount and Canaries Christmas with 35%off. 

We've not had a brochure for 2024 and we are Britannia Members 

Word on FB seems to suggest that the summer 2024 cruise schedules are available to book today if you phone up.

Seems the online version will not be released until tomorrow or maybe Wednesday

Edited by arlowood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1