Travel mate sick-last minute!

Crusin Karen

1 hour ago, notscb said:

If anything, I'd think OP's +1 would want to get a covid test to see if they have it. If they do and notify carnival within 24 hours of the result, they could get a FCC according to Carniva's guidelines.

Definitely. 

There was one point at a which they'd deny you boarding and give FCC if at any point x hours before sailing you had any symptoms even remotely similar to COVID.  But I checked the current protocols to see if OP's roommate might get FCC like that but no dice, now you have to have proof of a positive test to get FCC for potential COVID symptoms (unless of course you have travel insurance and you can get a doctor's note not to travel for whatever they diagnosis you with).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mondello said:

Pretty sure the Steakhouse reservations can be cancelled prior to the cruise. Up to 24 hours?

Aren’t prepaid tips refunded with port fees and taxes?

I was surprising her with steakhouse on first night (Saturday)  I'm going to go myself.  It was mine and husband's tradition (her brother)  Wonder if they'll refund for one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I was surprising her with steakhouse on first night (Saturday)  I'm going to go myself.  It was mine and husband's tradition (her brother)  Wonder if they'll refund for one.

I was thinking if she is going to no-show, I’d cancel the reservation for two and rebook for yourself. No need to tip them off that she’s not cruising.

• Like 1

https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/pdfs/Carnival_State_05_21.pdf

Carnival insurance will reimburse if someone cancels because of illness. It will also reimburse the single supplement for the remaining passenger. It will require filing a claim with the proper documentation.

Why forfeit the money when you bought insurance for just such an occassion?

Thanks for all this great advice and info.  You'd think with my cruising history I'd know this stuff, but hubs and I were always lucky.  I'll ask about steakhouse.  Just nervous this close if I cancel I won't be able to rebook for time/day I want.  Might just have to absorb it!  

• Like 1