Letter of recovery for Canada cruises

Hi-

I am a bit confused about the wording.

I currently have covid. Very, very mild case I wouldn't even know I have it if my traveling companion from last week hadn't test positive.

Anyway, I have 2 original vaccines and three boosters. Including the new BiValent Booster.

We sail on October 16th on Voyager of the Seas to Canada.

I am hoping I will test negative by then. But I am not clear on whether a letter of recovery will be accepted.

It states that it will not be accepted in lieu of vaccination but that is not the case for me. As I am fully vaccinated and boosted.

Has anyone sailed to Canada with a letter of recovery?

Thank you

I don't think that you need one.  You're fully vaxxed, as long as you test negative within the 72 hour window dictated by ArriveCan, you're good to go.  Plus, I thought I heard Canada would be relaxing their entry requirements in the coming days.

I expect to see you on board.  First round is on me!

• Like 1

This sounds like you don;t actually need a "letter of recovery" - just a positive PCR test more than 10 days before boarding and a lack of symptoms at boarding.  I might get a "certificate of recovery" anyhow:

You must provide proof of one of the following accepted types of test results:

3. Previous positive molecular test result: you no longer have symptoms and provide proof of a positive molecular test taken at least 10 calendar days and no more than 180 calendar days before you board. Counting starts the day after your test.

• for example, if your positive COVID-19 molecular test was taken on January 1, then January 11 would be the earliest scheduled date you could board

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

• Like 1

9 hours ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

Hi-

I am a bit confused about the wording.

I currently have covid. Very, very mild case I wouldn't even know I have it if my traveling companion from last week hadn't test positive.

Anyway, I have 2 original vaccines and three boosters. Including the new BiValent Booster.

We sail on October 16th on Voyager of the Seas to Canada.

I am hoping I will test negative by then. But I am not clear on whether a letter of recovery will be accepted.

It states that it will not be accepted in lieu of vaccination but that is not the case for me. As I am fully vaccinated and boosted.

Has anyone sailed to Canada with a letter of recovery?

Thank you

Mandates in Canada are most likely ending on September 30, ArriveCan included. 

• Like 2