Other than shore excursions, any ideas for using non-refundable once?

Vacationlover2

1 hour ago, Vacationlover2 said:

I have $150.  I have the drink package and 2 nights of specialty dining.  Any ideas for where to use this?

Specialty dining, gifts to take home. On our last cruise, we bought a bag of chocolates to use up the last little bit of our OBC. 

• Like 1

If you went for the package you may find the duty free shop interesting.   

Could be wrong, I don't think the cruise ship duty free stores are setup to use those security bags for going through security that the airport duty free shows use.   That means you would need to put the alcohol in a checked bag.  

i've tried buying tee shirts and tchotchkes, but there is rarely anything with any appeal. NCL's graphic design people really fall down in this area. none of the wearables even come close to having a design that i'd want to wear. a year ago, however, on the breakaway, i was able to get a long sleeve tee that has what i think is a nice design.

i typically use up OBC buying liquor... indulgent, pricey liquor that i wouldn't normally buy. it's not always the best value compared to land-based retail shops, or airport-based duty free shops, but who cares? it's essentially monopoly money that i'm s pending.

last week, on the joy, i bought a bottle of johnnie walker blue, which i don't even drink myself... just to have it available when friends drop by. or maybe to give as a gift. not sure yet. if you have a couple of hundred dollars or more in OBC, it's hard to use it up buying "ordinary" liquor, as those bottles only cost $20 - $50. i think the litre of johnnie walker blue was $246. on a previous cruise i bought chivas gold signature (aged 18 years) and a bottle of hennesy v.s.o.p. privilege. i have noticed that stiock and availability varies by ship.

• Like 1