Are there any laundry offers / specials during the cruise?

A bag of "wash and fold" laundry for $35.  Just ask your room attendant for the wash-and-fold bag and form.

Note that this is also known among folks here as the "boil and fry" bag, as it's a hot wash and hot dry -- don't send anything that needs delicate handling.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TwoWestAussies said:

We are going on a 9 day cruise in March 2023 on Ovation of the Seas and was wondering if Royal Caribbean will offer a special price for a bag of laundry during the cruise, as I believe this is a regular offer that is available on some other cruise lines?

They have a fill-a-bag service. But be forewarned, they limit the types of clothes (those that don't need pressing or handling). Anything not on the list is charged at the per-item cost. 

image.thumb.png.8fc199edaa7b5863784b02cc5d101cb3.png

image.thumb.png.674852eb82d550aeb393a5d16be28b77.png

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

They have a fill-a-bag service. But be forewarned, they limit the types of clothes (those that don't need pressing or handling). Anything not on the list is charged at the per-item cost. 

Am I alone in thinking this is extremely expensive?  Especially for us Aussies who have to convert these into AUD 😞 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Hmmm... That little list of just 6 categories is very limiting. It also seems a little more male focused versus gender equal. I'm sure many women wear shorts and tshirts, but on.Caribbean cruises I often wear little simple summer dresses during the day. Not dinner dresses, but simple stuff for sightseeing in ports and hanging out on the ship during the day. Smh looking at that form. I've done the bag of laundry service on a different line and put a nice mix of stuff in the bags. No issues or extra charges. 

5 minutes ago, TwoWestAussies said:

Am I alone in thinking this is extremely expensive?  Especially for us Aussies who have to convert these into AUD 😞 

Yeah,,, it is kinda pricy. Especially since they wash a limited number of types of laundry. NCL raised their price from $19 (pre-pandemic) to $29 after the restart... but they wash and press anything you put in your bag. And they give a bag of free laundry to their Diamond-equivalent and Junior Suite-equivalent guests. 

Edited by BirdTravels

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

1 hour ago, blueslily said:

Hmmm... That little list of just 6 categories is very limiting. It also seems a little more male focused versus gender equal. I'm sure many women wear shorts and tshirts, but on.Caribbean cruises I often wear little simple summer dresses during the day. Not dinner dresses, but simple stuff for sightseeing in ports and hanging out on the ship during the day. Smh looking at that form. I've done the bag of laundry service on a different line and put a nice mix of stuff in the bags. No issues or extra charges. 

I've put pants in the bag with no problem -- just crossed off "pajamas" and wrote "pants".  You could do the same thing with anything else that you were fine with "no specific handling" (such as a dress).

1 hour ago, TwoWestAussies said:

It's about on par with what you'd pay at a hotel.  It's also why I do hand-laundry in my bathroom and use magnet hooks to hang things from hangers to dry in my room.

• Like 1