Request The Herald in hard copy!

JodiandFrank

On 10/3/2022 at 8:13 PM, LMB01 said:

We request both the Herald and the dining menu in hard copy but we do so for our suite attendants - we will do anything to avoid interacting with Guest Services.

I take it your interaction with Guest Services was less than optimal.

Was this on any particular ship, and/or just since Covid?

6 hours ago, jsiegel said:

Boarded the Quest today and asked for paper Heralds and menus.  The Seabourn Square agent said No, not done. I said I save them and mark them up. He referred me to the stateroom TV or a copy posted in Seabourn Square. Later I asked our room steward. He will see what he can do. I'll report back the outcome.

Jackie

If the room steward does not come through, go back to SB Square and see if Helene is there. 

Per CC advice, on our first day, DH and I went there about a few questions and also asked  for daily copies.  The agent did not fight me at all, just immediately said "Do you INSIST?"  It startled both of us that she used that phrase, as we were just quietly asking, but it seemed she needed that to take action and was saving  us steps.

She was later helpful on other things too, without having to push push push, fight fight fight, go to the top top top, which is tiring and we avoid it.

Regarding the Quest, I am happy to report that when we returned to our cabin after dinner, both the next day's Herald and the menus were on the bed. Relieved as the Source version was incorrect for yesterday. It showed a menu for Earth and Ocean that sounded good but when we went there they were not open for the night. The paper menu for the next day does show them closed, as does the online version. 

Jackie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It's a good thing I now do get a paper Herald as they haven't been updating the electronic version on The Source.  Our arrival to Quebec was pushed back two hours because we couldn't leave Trois Riveres on time due to traffic on the river.  This is what the Herald says as of 1:30 p.m. after being in port for several hours. And the arrival time mentioned is incorrect.  We docked at 9 am

Screenshot_20221006-133600_Source.thumb.jpg.734d9ff3f78771881d51c492cdaf7b53.jpg

• Like 1

Enjoy the time you have in lovely QC, and of course stay as alert and informed as you can , with your paper Herald.

I filled out our online SB feedback form for our just ended cruise, and among other issues, noted they should not continue to push using just the Source app, like Square personnel  tried to intimidate  you into using this cruise without allowing paper  ( despite problems on the last cruise even when internet was not broken), given it is not up to date and confuses people.

We just used it to compliment ( not replace) our paper Herald.  

• Like 1

If you are successful in getting a paper copy, consider yourself fortunate.

Even after multiple requests through the Square staff, actual delivery of the Herald was about a 50-50 proposition.

Square folks said it was a problem with the housekeeping staff not delivering to the room.

Housekeeping said it was a problem getting them from customer service.

I said it was a problem for the hotel director to solve -- and he didn't.  And this was on two different cruises on two different ships.

PS:  The "Source" sucks.  Plain and simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Currently on the quest…during our initial meeting yesterday with our lovely suite hostess and attendent, we requested a paper copy of the herald and we received it early last night along with the dining choices…NO Issues or a need to beg for these items…just asked and was told….absolutely and we will receive this info nightly 

so far, all is very good on the quest

happy sails,

Nancy

• Like 8