Verify & Antigen Teat

Clay Clayton

Has anyone had success uploading a negative antigen test (proctored) to Verifly?

My reading of the fine print on Verifly makes me think it’s not going to accept anything but a PCR test. After seeing how much shorter the Verifly lines are for checkin, I am hoping I am wrong🤞

I had a friend that took a virtual antigen test using government test and had no problem. We have a at home virtual antigen test next Thursday. That’s my plan at this time. But also monitoring Canada rules for entry and see if HAL follows??

24 minutes ago, Hygge! said:

I had a friend that took a virtual antigen test using government test and had no problem. We have a at home virtual antigen test next Thursday. That’s my plan at this time. But also monitoring Canada rules for entry and see if HAL follows??

Dont mean to hijack this thread. But what virtual service do you plan on using? I have read some not great things about OnPoint. I will be needing a test before boarding on 10/8.

16 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Dont mean to hijack this thread. But what virtual service do you plan on using? I have read some not great things about OnPoint. I will be needing a test before boarding on 10/8.

After reading the negative negative comments about OnPoint, we elected to schedule our proctoring with LifeCenters a Canadian company. https://lifecenters.ca

Elsewhere on this board, they got good reviews and unlike other companies they let you schedule a single session for multiple (up to four) individuals at a reduced rate.  So our test for two was less than OnPoint’s cost for one-especially after we realized the beneficial conversion rate! CAN$25/US$18.57. Others have reported no issues with being US citizens and using this service. 

Presuming we get negative results, we will be boarding Koningsdam on Oct 1 and if you’re boarding her in the 8th, hope to see you aboard-we are staying on b2b🤞

I will try to remember to come back here and post my review of LifeCenters after our session on Thursday afternoon. 

50 minutes ago, Hygge! said:

Doing the same but at this juncture got worried about not being able to schedule it so went ahead and booked the proctor. Here’s hoping we both are negative. 

I have completed four cruises since the restart and will be on the 150th Anniversary cruise in three weeks.  For all of them I have used the Abbot BinaxNOW proctored (by emed) antigen test.  Have had no trouble uploading the emailed result (from the Navica app) to Verifly.  And have boarded IMMEDIATELY -- no wait -- through the dedicated Verifly line at the port for all four cruises.  YMMV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, spleenstomper said:

I did proctored home test from On Point (they were wonderful, no issues at all and $18 for one person). I did a screen shot of the letter they emailed me and it was accepted with no troubles. I used an unopened Binax I bought at Walmart.

OnPoint had great reviews until the last week or so. They let you sign up and pay and then don’t have any available slots or worse, don’t log on at the selected time. 

• Like 1

I did an antigen test and had no,problems entering the results.  A friend had problems and determined that it was because….there is a section where you need to select ‘digital or paper results’ she was entering ‘digital’ because she did her test online…it has to be ‘paper’ because it was paper email results that she received.  
hope this helps.

• Thanks 2

We used the eMed service via the Navica app with the Abbott at home proctored antigen tests this past Thursday to get on the ship yesterday(Saturday) and it was easy. Once you get the negative result via the proctored process and recieve the QR code via email or the Navica app, just upload that to Verifly. You can either scan the QR code into Verifly or just upload the whole document. Dh could upload the QR code direct and his acceptance was immediate. I had to take a screen shot of my negative test result with the QR code to be individually reviewed and I had my acceptance in 30 mins. Oh and we were on the ship within 30 mins of the cab dropping us off. 

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Onpoint. Cross fingers!

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

One more related question.  Has anyone had any issues with having both parties on the same Verifly and ArriveCan app?  I’ve got it set up that way for us but could easily change it if is slows anything down. 

I had me and wife on my VeriFly for cruise out of Seattle in May. No problem. Just click arrow on right edge of screen for next person.

• Thanks 2

In case you haven't gone onto HAL - they have a new tool for "what is required for vaccines and pre-board testing" for any 2022 cruises.  The link is on their website https://book2.hollandamerica.com/protocols/. You'll need your booking # and your voyage #. Very surprisingly, all of our cruises which a few weeks ago required pre cruise testing no longer require testing! PS - if you have already downloaded the Verifly APP you will probably have to delete it and download it again so it "updates" with new requirements. 

On 9/25/2022 at 10:06 AM, Clay Clayton said:

Has anyone had success uploading a negative antigen test (proctored) to Verifly?

My reading of the fine print on Verifly makes me think it’s not going to accept anything but a PCR test. After seeing how much shorter the Verifly lines are for checkin, I am hoping I am wrong🤞

Can't resist, Clay - the thread title suggests almost 'permanent test knowledge / protection'! 😈   

🍺🥌

On 9/25/2022 at 5:45 PM, Clay Clayton said:

One more related question.  Has anyone had any issues with having both parties on the same Verifly and ArriveCan app?  I’ve got it set up that way for us but could easily change it if is slows anything down. 

As long as your plane reservation ( if you are flying) is in both names you are fine. You can do up to 8 people on ArriveCan but when we did 4 it wouldn't put it through because we weren't under the same flight reservation - 2 couples that each made reservations. By the way ArriveCan may be obsolete by 10/1.

36 minutes ago, Fluffy3458 said:

As long as your plane reservation ( if you are flying) is in both names you are fine. You can do up to 8 people on ArriveCan but when we did 4 it wouldn't put it through because we weren't under the same flight reservation - 2 couples that each made reservations. By the way ArriveCan may be obsolete by 10/1.

Thanks-we are all set and have approvals from Verifly and ArriveCan all on one account for both of us.