Insurance

Peytonhead

4 hours ago, Peytonhead said:

What is the best insurance out there for cancel for any reason?  We have an immediate family member who is terminal with cancer and just want to ensure our money is protected.

Everyone's insurance issues are different.  I would post this on the insurance board and also contact Trip Insurance Store  or Insure My Trip.

DON

One thing to make sure of is that you inform the insurance company that you have a family member with terminal cancer - if you don't then in all likelihood they will refuse any claim - and if you do then again in all likelihood they will refuse to insure for that event.

Don't you just love insurance companies!!

13 hours ago, Peytonhead said:

What is the best insurance out there for cancel for any reason?  We have an immediate family member who is terminal with cancer and just want to ensure our money is protected.

I also recommend tripinsurancestore.com.  But here are some things to consider.

• You may not need cancel for any reason (CFAR) coverage.  Depending on the circumstances, you might have a covered reason for cancelation.  There are lots of nuances that a good broker can walk you through.  Things like waiver of pre-existing conditions, definition of a non-traveling family member and covered reasons.  Some of the benefits can be time sensitive, so when you booked the cruise and when you purchase the insurance may be important.  I am assuming the family member is not traveling, if they are you may have a few more options.
  • If you do need CFAR, sometimes the Princess Platinum plan is your best option.  Medical coverage is poor, so I would never recommend it unless you have other medical coverage for foreign travel.  If you are comfortable with a future cruise credit and you don't care about airlines, hotels etc., the Princess Plan can be the best value.
  • Third party CFAR plans can be expensive, but they will cover some of the other non-cruise fare items.  They typically only give you 75% back, but it is in cash.
  • Tripinsurancestore won't be able to help you with the Princess plan.
  • Like 1