Question for the Ladies - Re: Salon Services

MistyRo76

Hey ladies - I have a cruise coming up in October on the Valor. I'm actually leaving my hubby and daughter to fend for themselves at home while I sail the seas with my BFF, sis and some other friends. My BFF (and cruise roommate) and I were thinking that we might get fancy on formal night and have our hair done at the salon. We have quite a bit of OBC to spend as this is our rebooked COVID cruise. We don't need to worry about drinks cause she got a smokin' deal that included Cheers for just over $100 pp. So we're all set there. I used some of my OBC to pay for my Wi-Fi plan but still have more than enough to cover a salon service. 

Before we go booking this, I wanted to see what everyone's experience has been using the salon onboard to have their hair styled. We would probably do a fun up-do or maybe something with some curls. Just something that I wouldn't be able to do on my own! LOL 

Take it away....

I get a wash and blowout every cruise.  Their technique is amazing and they use quality products.  Yes, they do suggest products for purchase and the prices are actually comparable to land prices.  They are just top shelf and expensive so get them if you like the results.  Book early for Elegant Night

12 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

Ok...another question - 

If you do the Up Do option - do they shampoo and dry your hair for you or do I need to come with it already shampooed and dried? The description doesn't really specify! 

On land they usually don’t wash and dry, unless it’s a blowout, dirtier hair holds styles better.