Are Vax and Unvax differentiated on Celebrity now that everyone can cruise?

hovank

On 9/26/2022 at 11:53 AM, hovank said:

I am traveling with a group in NOV and just received a notice from Celebrity for dining which stated that vax and unvax guests are seated in different locations in the dining room.  Has anyone run into this onboard now that Celebrity is allowing all passengers to sail?  Is the theater area for shows designated seating for vax and unvax also?  Do your room cards have vaccination status on them or do guests wear wrist bands?  I would appreciate any input from anyone that has recently sailed.  Thank you!  

Which cruise are you on?  Perhaps some cruise locations at that time still had some vaccination requirements?  (Like Canada)  

On 9/28/2022 at 7:40 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

I mean I guess it depends on how you look at it. I always thought of a vaccine as something that prevented an illness. DH and I are both double vaxed but got Covid anyway. Did the vaccine do its job?  If it’s job was to prevent, then the answer is no. If it’s job was to reduce symptoms, then maybe. Idk at this point. I’m just glad cruising has resumed for everyone and that everyone can do what feels right for their personal situation. 

No vaccine is 100% effective.  If the annual flu vaccine is 70%, its a good year.  Covid vaccines were 90%+ effective in preventing the original Covid 19.  Variants have become more and more resistant since then, but there is no doubt that vaccines overwhelmingly prevent more serious Covid symptoms, long Covid effects, or death.

1 hour ago, Spurs Fans said:

No vaccine is 100% effective.  If the annual flu vaccine is 70%, its a good year.  Covid vaccines were 90%+ effective in preventing the original Covid 19.  Variants have become more and more resistant since then, but there is no doubt that vaccines overwhelmingly prevent more serious Covid symptoms, long Covid effects, or death.

All valid points...which is why I don't begrudge anyone making decisions that are right for them.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spurs Fans said:

All the vaccines against Covid were designed to prevent serious illness and death and they are still doing that against every Covid strain. The fact that they also limit the spread of the desease is a bonus. 

• Like 2