port canaveral oct 18th - which pier and anything in walking distance ?

LINDAE3213

on the oasis -- oct 18th will be in port canaveral -- which pier will we pull into and what's in walking distance from the pier ?

last time i was there was 2014 and I know we did the ron jon shuttle and walked around on the beach, surf shop etc

no interest to repeat that again....if nothing near the port we will stay onboard and chill

thanks 

Terminal 1 meaning you can walk to the restaurants and few shops at the Cove. Other than the usual tourist stuff such as Kennedy Space Center, manatee cruises, etc, not much else!

cape Canaveral is my home and here we fish, go to the beach, do happy hours and Sunday brunches! It’s a quiet laid-back place (but we complain about the traffic).

16 hours ago, SteerageJoe said:

cape Canaveral is my home and here we fish, go to the beach, do happy hours and Sunday brunches! It’s a quiet laid-back place (but we complain about the traffic).

We are looking to stay the night before our cruise from PC.  Is there a hotel zone or any cool places to stay near some laid back bars/restaurants?

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We are looking to stay the night before our cruise from PC.  Is there a hotel zone or any cool places to stay near some laid back bars/restaurants?

The bars and restaurants in Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach are all very casual and relaxed. Folks may dress up a slight bit to places like Florida's Fresh Grill but flip-flops and t-shirts and wind-blown hair are the standard dress code! 

If you want to avoid uber rides and travel then I suggest any of the four hotels in the image below. You are surrounded within an easy walk by restaurants and bars and banks and a Publix grocery store. I like Cocoa Beach Fish Camp but you have many places to try - even the touristy Pier to watch the surfers despite the higher drink prices.

If you can Uber then you can stay anywhere and you will find locals hanging out at the tiki bars of Grills and Gator's at the port where you can watch the cruise ships leave between 4-5pm (during Happy Hour!). There are also great vibes at the upstairs bars of Fishlips and at Rising Tide, both at the port.

Away from the cruise ships, locals gather at Preacher Bar, Slide Inn, Graham's, Island time, Sunset Bar, Sandbar, and various other spots depending on what you are looking for!

AL9nZEVNMbmPCjbYT6q7HFzqCU0gvAQaSIwnFgVG

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SteerageJoe said:

The bars and restaurants in Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach are all very casual and relaxed. Folks may dress up a slight bit to places like Florida's Fresh Grill but flip-flops and t-shirts and wind-blown hair are the standard dress code! 

Thank you for all the great info!  We have settled on Cocoa Beach...I'm perfectly fine with flip-flops, t-shirts and wind-blown hair!