What Are My Chances?

ClefsDor

I know this is a question that no one will be able to answer accurately but I’m hoping others experience will allow me to set my expectations realisitcly.

So, we're booked o a short 8 day cruise in November. We are waitlist for all Princess Grill categories and all bar one Queens Grill categories.  My TA was told by Cunad that we are 6th on the waiting list but wouldn’t clarify for which category. Has anyone who has been on a waiting list with this sort of number of people in the queue been cleared? We’re crossing fingers and toes for a QG suite to open up but would be thrilled with PG too.

Funny you should ask.  We booked a 2 night cruise in Britannia Club, and were told we were first in line for a free upgrade.  We got a call 3 weeks before the cruise that we could have an upgrade to PG for another $700.  Apparently we were in fact on a free upgrade list, but they weren't offering those yet...  or something.  Anyway, based on our experience you won't hear anything for several more weeks.   

A free upgrade list? First I've heard of this, but as I don't know how they work out who will get an upgrade, maybe this makes sense.  Hope we're very high on the list.  We sail on the Queen Victoria two weeks today and are still waiting for a cabin.

6 minutes ago, babs135 said:

A free upgrade list? First I've heard of this, but as I don't know how they work out who will get an upgrade, maybe this makes sense.  Hope we're very high on the list.  We sail on the Queen Victoria two weeks today and are still waiting for a cabin.

I have no idea about lists, but our agent was offered, on our behalf, an upgrade from a Q5 to a Q3 around ten years ago as we'd forgotten to tick the no upgrade. 

We never went back aft apart from  a Q1, booked as a trial next year.

We were offered, for a most reasonable supplement, an upgrade 3 to a 2, again, a few years ago.. Unfortunately, we took it. As we now value the space, that is our go to booking so beware of upgrades, they can prove expensive in the long run! 🙂

• Like 2