Celebrity price guarantee -does it end if you make final payment ?

smvthecpanj

Asking the same question twice will get the same answer twice

The determination would be if you booked your cruise before May 1, 2022.   If you booked before May 1 you would probably be able to get a price adjustment.

I believe you may be confusing a combination of Cruise with Confidence and Best Price Guarantee.  

During the pandemic the Cruise With Confidence gave you the opportunity to cancel without penalty up until 48 of a cruise.   Thus you could also get a price reduction up until 48 hours prior to sailing or you could just cancel and rebook.

This all changed at the end of April 2022.   After May 1 if you booked a cruise you were only covered by the Best Price Guarantee and that provides only that if you book and pay for your cruise and the price crops within 48 days of that event you could get a price adjustment.

To better understand you have to get down into the fine print on the Best Price Guarantee

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

The determination would be if you booked your cruise before May 1, 2022.   If you booked before May 1 you would probably be able to get a price adjustment.

To qualify under the program associated with Cruise with Confidence, the cruise has to be booked by March 31, 2022 with a sailing date by September 30, 2022.

Anything outside of that gets nothing after final expect for the odd time you see a price drop within 48hrs of making payment.

Thanks -- I knew there was an end date but didn't want to quote something I was uncertain about.   I guess all the cruise with confidence sailing will soon pass.    I did pickup about 4 price reductions under that program.     One as close as 5 days prior to cruise.

12 hours ago, smvthecpanj said:

I made my final payment for a cruise on the Apex. Afterwards they offered a Florida resident discounted fare    I requested a reduction as a Florida resident.  Celebrity said no since it was requested after final payment 

I would call again and ask for on board credit. I have definitely received on board credit for reductions after final payment. This was for an august cruise that was booked in July. 

On 9/27/2022 at 9:48 AM, ymncruise said:

I would call again and ask for on board credit. I have definitely received on board credit for reductions after final payment. This was for an august cruise that was booked in July. 

Consider yourself very lucky as you received something very much out of policy, probably an uninformed agent.  Once you hit final payment date there are no adjustments.