Silver Endeavour Artic 2023 now open for booking

WesW

Hi Les, thanks.  Well about three weeks ago, had to cancel Azores expedition on cloud that embarks today, Ida fractured her tibia at ankle while gardening.  After four weeks healing she has major shoulder surgery.  So, she deserves the cruise of her choice--Northern lights it is.  Am somewhat conflicted, as Pond inlet Nunavut to Reykjavik is nice but so is the next voyage Reykjavik r/t

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, WesW said:

Hi Les, thanks.  Well about three weeks ago, had to cancel Azores expedition on cloud that embarks today, Ida fractured her tibia at ankle while gardening.  After four weeks healing she has major shoulder surgery.  So, she deserves the cruise of her choice--Northern lights it is.  Am somewhat conflicted, as Pond inlet Nunavut to Reykjavik is nice but so is the next voyage Reykjavik r/t

Is that the 20 August sailing? I think you are being optimistic to see the Northern lights that time of the year! Agree the next sailing looks awesome. I had expected it to be an Iceland circumnavigation, so pleasant surprise. If that is the sailing, we will miss you in Reykjavik by a couple of days as we are on a Viking sailing from 7th to 14th August. Such a great place to visit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 11:52 PM, WesW said:

We are doing Pond inlet Nunavut to Reykjavik (Northern Lights)

Gulp. My friend and I just signed up for this cruise. I do think it's tragically expensive, but what an amazing itinerary and gorgeous ship. We did a portion of this route on the Cloud in around 2018 (August/September) and it was possibly my favorite cruise ever. The Northern Lights were so frequent they became old hat!  This itinerary goes much farther north, so the chances seem even better. Now if we can add polar bears, walrus, and narwhal, life will be perfect. 

On 9/28/2022 at 7:28 AM, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

There is quite a big gap in the 2023 repositioning from Puerto Williams to London.  Is it unusual for the ship to be without passengers for 1 1/2 months?  Will they add additional sailings from March 15 - May 6 and if so, where will they sail?

I wonder if they're leaving time for some charter or industry promotion sailings? The gap seems very intentional.

@FauxNomand @CruzinFeraBruzinThis quote came from Barbara Muckermann on the facebook Silversea group a few weeks ago, in reply to a question about changes to the ship after the purchase: "the only changes we made at this point is logo and paint, the major changes will come about spring 2023 if we get the capex approved". So, that implies the big gap is there for a drydock. [no idea what capex is???]

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, alithecat said:

@FauxNomand @CruzinFeraBruzinThis quote came from Barbara Muckermann on the facebook Silversea group a few weeks ago, in reply to a question about changes to the ship after the purchase: "the only changes we made at this point is logo and paint, the major changes will come about spring 2023 if we get the capex approved". So, that implies the big gap is there for a drydock. [no idea what capex is???]

Thanks alithecat, I didn't consider this, but it makes sense now.