Pricing a little off​⁉️

14 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

⁉️ 3 night Freedom out of Miami is over $1000 for an interior.  By contrast the 5 night Grandeur out of Galveston for an interior is $366.  Freedom is a bit newer than Grandeur but it's not Quantum or Oasis classes and it's also two nights less.  What gives ⁉️

Weekend cruises are vastly overpriced due to popularity.

I booked an Indy 4-nighter (M-F) out of PC next month during a Going, Going, Gone sale... base price for interior GTY was only $129. Weekend cruises on the same ship, same itinerary minus the sea day, are 2-3X as much. We wanted to to another B2B but I'm not paying that much extra to add 3 nights.

There are Mariner 8 night cruises cheaper than some weekend cruises.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

⁉️ 3 night Freedom out of Miami is over $1000 for an interior.  By contrast the 5 night Grandeur out of Galveston for an interior is $366.  Freedom is a bit newer than Grandeur but it's not Quantum or Oasis classes and it's also two nights less.  What gives ⁉️

Galveston says it all.

Royal has typically had much lower prices from there even when it was just one ship (Liberty) now add a second older ship and the prices really drop.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Galveston says it all.

Royal has typically had much lower prices from there even when it was just one ship (Liberty) now add a second older ship and the prices really drop.

Those of us within driving range of Galveston don’t complain too much about the pricing. If we’re going to complain about something it would be the lack of port stops. Just have to take the occasional flight to Florida for port diversity. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

Those of us within driving range of Galveston don’t complain too much about the pricing. If we’re going to complain about something it would be the lack of port stops. Just have to take the occasional flight to Florida for port diversity. 

Wish I were closer to Galveston to take advantage of the pricing. Both the cruises I mentioned leave the same day - September 30 and Freedom only goes to CocoCay and Nassau - not a great itinerary (for me at least). 

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

Wish I were closer to Galveston to take advantage of the pricing. Both the cruises I mentioned leave the same day - September 30 and Freedom only goes to CocoCay and Nassau - not a great itinerary (for me at least). 

Lol, I wish I were closer to Florida ports. Grass is always greener. 

• Like 3