Port Of Miami Parking

22CeeBeeNC22

The best advice that is posted on this Message Board concerning parking in Miami is to use the Port's parking garages.  Yes, there are other more inexpensive options available.  But, when you return from your cruise, in what condition will you find your vehicle?  

yes, you can budget $85 - $95 for a 7-night/8-day cruise when parking near the Port vs $176 -$200 at shipside.

In agreement with others here, I prefer to park shipside because one has to factor in:

• two-way driver tips,
  • PLUS frustration that may lead to the extra cost of a taxi when the shuttle does not show and you have to scramble at the end of the cruise.

Worst case, the cheaper off-port parking may cost more than $100. Online reviews are rather negative in general for the off-port parking garages - mostly folks complain about poor directions/instructions, unfriendly shuttle drivers and no-show or very slow shuttles. Fortunately, I've seen very few issues with damage to vehicles because the parking garages are in good locations. Still...

Assuming, however, that all will go smoothly and as expected, then there are 3 established operators (using public parking garages) with shuttles near PortMiami that I am aware of. Those are shown on the map below. Just search for the companies online and do read the reviews:

Safe Cruise Parking, Premier Cruise Parking, We Parkin Miami

AL9nZEXml9W6t71DSDXMmIkmqApMstTNBnV3VJ7z

Edited by SteerageJoe

2 hours ago, 22CeeBeeNC22 said:

I appreciate the information. This is more or less what I was told previously but as cruise date approaches wanted to double check. I suspect we will park ship side. 

Welcome to Cruise Critic!  You are making the right decision.  In addition to being safe, it is so convenient to disembark your ship and cross the street to the garage.

• Like 2