Booking P&O Cruise

ONECRUISER

Where to start !

Basically,  P&O is a British version of Princess, albeit with 99% British passengers.

The problem you will have, is that for some reason Carnival do not make it easy to book on P&O if you are American.

So, perhaps see how you can book, and then come back and ask questions about specific ships and itineraries. 

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Where to start !

Basically,  P&O is a British version of Princess, albeit with 99% British passengers.

The problem you will have, is that for some reason Carnival do not make it easy to book on P&O if you are American.

So, perhaps see how you can book, and then come back and ask questions about specific ships and itineraries. 

For some reason that was in back on my Head, might have heard it once before. Was just looking into branching out looking at other lines and saw a great rate for a 60+ niter... Thank you!

11 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

I'm in USA, never Cruised this line. Anything I should know about Booking from USA and Cruising this line and as an American? Thank you

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2842633-any-yanks-been-on-po-out-of-southampton-how-different-was-the-brit-centric-trip-vs-what-i-might-be-used-to/#comment-62946171

See above thread. 
Maybe @Tapior @fsufancc can help. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 3:56 PM, ONECRUISER said:

I'm in USA, never Cruised this line. Anything I should know about Booking from USA and Cruising this line and as an American? Thank you

I am a fellow USA citizen. I booked online by calling the number on the P&O website. This is a number to a  Travel agency. It is the Only one that we as US Citizens are allowed to book though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jrmende63 said:

I am a fellow USA citizen. I booked online by calling the number on the P&O website. This is a number to a  Travel agency. It is the Only one that we as US Citizens are allowed to book though. 

Thank you for the info!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Thank you for the info!

Hi @ONECRUISER.

I hope you get booked onto P&O.

Even on Royal Caribbean sailing from Southampton you will find up to 95% of the passengers are British.

Southampton is fairly easily accessible with lots of hotels and several cruise terminals in close proximity to the city centre with plenty of on site parking and lots of taxis available.

We have been on 23 P&O cruises as well as being D+ on Royal which shows we do enjoy P&O.

Nothing beats the WOW factor of Royal Caribbean and the Flow rider, climbing wall,North Star and dodgems but if you want good food,good service,nice cabins,nice reasonably priced speciality restaurants,good entertainment.reasonably priced drinks and no gratuities required you will be happy.

Aurora and Arcadia are smaller adult only ships.

Personally we love Iona just avoid cabins on Deck 8 or 9.

The new ship Arvia should be sailing soon and would be a nice ship to try.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hi @ONECRUISER.

I hope you get booked onto P&O.

Even on Royal Caribbean sailing from Southampton you will find up to 95% of the passengers are British.

Southampton is fairly easily accessible with lots of hotels and several cruise terminals in close proximity to the city centre with plenty of on site parking and lots of taxis available.

We have been on 23 P&O cruises as well as being D+ on Royal which shows we do enjoy P&O.

Nothing beats the WOW factor of Royal Caribbean and the Flow rider, climbing wall,North Star and dodgems but if you want good food,good service,nice cabins,nice reasonably priced speciality restaurants,good entertainment.reasonably priced drinks and no gratuities required you will be happy.

Aurora and Arcadia are smaller adult only ships.

Personally we love Iona just avoid cabins on Deck 8 or 9.

The new ship Arvia should be sailing soon and would be a nice ship to try.

Best wishes.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, you always provide good info 

• Thanks 1