Very Disappointed Loyalty Memeber

cant think

Having cruised with P and O since 1971 I was really looking forward to my Arcadia cruise next month--a chance to meet old friends and enjoy all the P and O extras that Loyalty people have. Today I received an email inviting me to " check in on line" this involves personal details, next of kin, passport details and downloading photos!!!!!! sorry my partner is 84 years old im 74 so do not have the necessary skills!!!! we will do it at Southampton where P and O have cancelled our Loyalty reception so embarkation is easier!!!! Who are they trying to kid??? the reception glass of fizz plus canapes was a wonderful chance to meet old friends and perhaps get a group together for the syndicate quiz--or have they cancelled syndicate quizzes as well???? ive just read a review of no after-noon teas and no Captains lunch--how about welcome on board cocktail party, always a fun hour in the swimming pool area!!! We have booked the Christmas cruise on Aurora as well---how awful to say I am not really looking forward to either.. Yes P and O have given us extra on board spend but thats because we have paid so much more for our Balcony cabin than the current advertised price. It does not pay to book early. It seems that Iona and Arvia have very cheap prices--cant P and O see that is us, loyalty people who should continue to book on their 2 adult only ships but who will think twice and favour Fred Olsen or Saga if Loyalty benefits are discontinued and there are no benefits worth having.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cant think said:

Having cruised with P and O since 1971 I was really looking forward to my Arcadia cruise next month--a chance to meet old friends and enjoy all the P and O extras that Loyalty people have. Today I received an email inviting me to " check in on line" this involves personal details, next of kin, passport details and downloading photos!!!!!! sorry my partner is 84 years old im 74 so do not have the necessary skills!!!! we will do it at Southampton where P and O have cancelled our Loyalty reception so embarkation is easier!!!! Who are they trying to kid??? the reception glass of fizz plus canapes was a wonderful chance to meet old friends and perhaps get a group together for the syndicate quiz--or have they cancelled syndicate quizzes as well???? ive just read a review of no after-noon teas and no Captains lunch--how about welcome on board cocktail party, always a fun hour in the swimming pool area!!! We have booked the Christmas cruise on Aurora as well---how awful to say I am not really looking forward to either.. Yes P and O have given us extra on board spend but thats because we have paid so much more for our Balcony cabin than the current advertised price. It does not pay to book early. It seems that Iona and Arvia have very cheap prices--cant P and O see that is us, loyalty people who should continue to book on their 2 adult only ships but who will think twice and favour Fred Olsen or Saga if Loyalty benefits are discontinued and there are no benefits worth having.

How did you learn the loyalty reception is cancelled?  I have one due soon.   

Unfortunately I think a lot of P& O's " loyalty cruisers" are going to be very disappointed and find that cruising ain't what it used to be with all the little extras that made cruising more unique and an all round enjoyable experience with little pampering touches ....bit by bit they are being eroded away.

I think the OP is right to consider Fred Olsen or Saga ....they may find that they offer a better cruising experience in a style that they want.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cant think said:

Today I received an email inviting me to " check in on line" this involves personal details, next of kin, passport details and downloading photos!!!!!! sorry my partner is 84 years old im 74 so do not have the necessary skills!!!! we will do it at Southampton where P and O have cancelled our Loyalty reception so embarkation is easier!!!!

Going to be fun for the cruise companies running European cruises when ETIAS and EES comes on line and all this information will need to be provided in advance.

• Haha 1

Thank you for all your interesting replys--have I got it wrong??? at 74 years old I do get muddled but the email I received regarding the on line check-in says  "At the terminal, Please note , the Loyalty hospitality lounge wont be open as we want guests to go through the terminal as efficiently as possible"

Ive been on over 25 P and O cruises and dont know of any other hospitality lounge other than the restaurant where the fizz and canapes are ready for us!! Have i missed something?? but if Im wrong Im very pleased and thank you  Fionboard for saying the syndicate quizzes are back on Acadia!!!! I feel so much better already   Thanks again you friendly people.

1 minute ago, cant think said:

Thank you for all your interesting replys--have I got it wrong??? at 74 years old I do get muddled but the email I received regarding the on line check-in says  "At the terminal, Please note , the Loyalty hospitality lounge wont be open as we want guests to go through the terminal as efficiently as possible"

Ive been on over 25 P and O cruises and dont know of any other hospitality lounge other than the restaurant where the fizz and canapes are ready for us!! Have i missed something?? but if Im wrong Im very pleased and thank you  Fionboard for saying the syndicate quizzes are back on Acadia!!!! I feel so much better already   Thanks again you friendly people.

I think that is referring to the roped off area in the terminal building. Not the lunch on board the ship.

I hope you both have a wonderful return to cruising

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cant think said:

I seem to think there used to be a loyalty hospitality area (not a lounge and more a row of seats) for suite and higher tier passengers to wait after being checked in and before being allowed through security to get on board. It may only have been at Ocean Terminal as don’t recall it at Mayflower and was pre Covid - but happy to be corrected if wrong.

From previous posts and friends reports I believe fizz and food is still being offered in one of the restaurants once on board for Loyalty plus suite pax. 
Enjoy your cruise

• Like 4

4 hours ago, picsa said:

Going to be fun for the cruise companies running European cruises when ETIAS and EES comes on line and all this information will need to be provided in advance.

Mmm! fingerprinting etc etc. Dover is starting to show anxious signs

13 hours ago, happy v said:

I think that is referring to the roped off area in the terminal building. Not the lunch on board the ship.

I hope you both have a wonderful return to cruising

And you too!  Off on Sunday iirc.  Have a wonderful time. 😉

Edited by kruzseeka

Welcome aboard lunch/drinks for Caribbean and above were available on Ventura (June) & Aurora late August. On the corner due to restrictions a fully served lunch was given but due to relaxation of requirements, the Aurora reception had reverted to buffet. There was a syndicate quiz on Aurora (but in Horizon?- the buffet, rather than Vanderbilt’s.) There was also a loyalty lunch but wine/drinks/fizz vouchers replaced parties. 
At Mayflower a they seemed to segregate slightly but there was no roped off area. Passengers were called by tiers initially….

Edited by Ranchi
addition

24 minutes ago, Ranchi said:

Welcome aboard lunch/drinks for Caribbean and above were available on Ventura (June) & Aurora late August. On the corner due to restrictions a fully served lunch was given but due to relaxation of requirements, the Aurora reception had reverted to buffet. There was a syndicate quiz on Aurora (but in Horizon?- the buffet, rather than Vanderbilt’s.) There was also a loyalty lunch but wine/drinks/fizz vouchers replaced parties. 
At Mayflower a they seemed to segregate slightly but there was no roped off area. Passengers were called by tiers initially….

My proof reader is having a sabbatical! ‘corner’ should read ‘former,’ 

I am returning to cruising on a 35 night cruise in March 2023.  Very nervous now about the embarkation procedure.  I am Baltic but have not cruised since the onset of Covid.  Have already noticed various negative changes and am now wondering whether to pay my balance of £9,000 and what other negative changes I may expect.  I do not have the skills necessary to upload photos which is normally done at the embarkation desk.  Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Tablelamp said:

I do not have the skills necessary to upload photos

Don't worry about the photo not being uploaded - most have to have it taken at embarkation as the uploaded ones are not suitable. in fact anything that you cannot do online can be done at the terminal other than printing off your boarding pass.

As for the changes and somewhat uncertainty about the actual cruise especially as it is five months away is somewhat difficult to advise on as we all have different expectations.

I can only speak from my own experience of cruising for four weeks earlier in the year on Britannia and I am now seriously considering if P&O is still the product for me.