Horizon Southern Caribbean Review 8/20/22-8/28/22

snowdogsmm

Great review. My wife and I did this same itinerary in March. On Vista Class, we are 100% in agreement about Havana. Loved that space. We ended up spending most of our days there.

Also agree that La Cucina was a disappointment. Everywhere else we ate was good to excellent however.

On 9/30/2022 at 7:04 PM, tradewinds traveler said:

Thank you for the reveiw. I loved the photos. I liked the way you cruise. We are leaving on the Horizon, Oct 29 to the 8 day cruise. So glad you enjoyed!

You will have a great trip-enjoy!

On 10/1/2022 at 5:34 PM, ninjacat123 said:

Great review and thanks for taking the time to put it together!  I grew up in Salem, Oregon.  Are you near there?  I hardly ever meet anyone from Oregon so this is a treat!

I'm in Medford at the southern end of the state-what we like to call the banana belt 🙂  I'm originally from southern California so this is the furthest north I could live.  I couldn't deal with the rain up north.

18 hours ago, Jenner9 said:

Thank you for posting this review and the pics! What was the cost of the Pig and Anchor Brewery Tour? Did you book in advance or was it listed in the Fun Times? 

I think it was $20 per person.  It was listed in the Hub app and we made reservations the day before.  It was well worth the money.  We were at tables for 4 and each table got about 3/4 of a pitcher of each beer to taste (so way more than a small taster) then everyone received a souvenir pint glass to take home.  The brew master was really knowledgeable and the whole experience was very interactive.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, snowdogsmm said:

I'm in Medford at the southern end of the state-what we like to call the banana belt 🙂  I'm originally from southern California so this is the furthest north I could live.  I couldn't deal with the rain up north.

It took a long time for the webs between my fingers and toes to go away.😁Medford/Grants Pass area is nice and sunny compared to Salem.  If someone said you must live in Oregon, I would probably pick Bend because of the access to Bachelor and the weather is much more dry.  Twenty years of gray skies can make a gal nuts!😎