Trick to getting connecting cabins? (Glory in particular)

PrincessArlena'sDad

So, going through the booking engine, there are plenty of connecting cabins available.  But, none are popping up for our exact combination of guests (2 and 3, specifically).  Even with the number of cabins showing limited to 10, I still get plenty of potential options (and I'm guessing if I could see all availability, there would be more).

Would a TA be able to override this?  Carnival representative just by calling?  Carnival PVP?

Thanks!  We plan on booking tomorrow!

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad
typo

18 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

So, going through the booking engine, there are plenty of connecting cabins available.  But, none are popping up for our exact combination of guests (2 and 3, specifically).  Even with the number of cabins showing limited to 10, I still get plenty of potential options (and I'm guessing if I could see all availability, there would be more).

Would a TA be able to override this?  Carnival representative just by calling?  Carnival PVP?

Thanks!  We plan on booking tomorrow!

Yes, a TA or PVP could do this for you.  Good luck!🙂

• Like 1

It could be that all of the connecting cabins I see on the deck plans have capacity for more than two in each, and since one cabin would only have two in it, you can’t book it online.  For instance, a 4 connecting to a 3, two 3s connecting, two 4s connecting…. Interesting,y, I have seen the opposite on other lines, that with connecting pairs, one is always for 2 only.  EM

13 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

It could be that all of the connecting cabins I see on the deck plans have capacity for more than two in each, and since one cabin would only have two in it, you can’t book it online.  For instance, a 4 connecting to a 3, two 3s connecting, two 4s connecting…. Interesting,y, I have seen the opposite on other lines, that with connecting pairs, one is always for 2 only.  EM

This shouldnt make a difference as all cabins start with double occupancy in each regardless of what they could potentially sleep up to. 

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

This shouldnt make a difference as all cabins start with double occupancy in each regardless of what they could potentially sleep up to. 

Certainly this is true, but it has been reported here that if a cabin can hold 3/4, you can’t book it for 2, at least not online.  EM

So I was able to book it.  But the csr only gave me one option. Take it or leave it (even though there are a bunch of still empty connecting cabins, but they wouldn't override the set occupancy) I preferred deck 2 forward, and I got 2 mid, which is fine.  

Only downside is that we need a third cabin as well, and the closest they would give us to these 2 is 8 doors away.  It's an adult only cabin so it's fine. 

I guess I could have called back and tried a different csr, but I didn't think it would be worth the effort. 

• Like 1