How full are the ships sailing now?

wallysdtr

1 hour ago, Nancycat said:

We are leaving on the Edge from Rome 10/14 and have received my 2nd move up email in a week.

All for concierge and above 

I've received them as well for our 10/31, but there are only two cabins we could possibly 'Move Up' to, and they've both been booked since early last year.  I don't take these offers as any kind of sure indication that cabins offered are actually available at the time of the email.  Often, I think the emails are sent to just to get bids to assure they can back-fill in the event of a cancellation.

Currently on the Infinity and we are rumoured to have just over 1400 passengers on board. So about 2/3 full.

Ship feels empty.

I am guessing that many inside and O/V rooms are empty as Retreat, Aquaclass and Concierge were listed as sold out.

Crew is working extremely hard and you can tell the crew numbers are not what they used to be. Service would be strained if the ship was at 100% capacity.

I was looking for something to book next year, and I filtered for longer (10+) 2023 X cruises yesterday, and almost ALL of them are sold out above inside and OV cabins.  There arent as many as there used to be, but...

Whatever else may be happening, X's longer cruises are selling VERY well.  I wonder if they're getting a message from that???

I cruised last March for the first time since the pandemic.  It was on a different line (NCL).  The ship was at 65% capacity.  No lines anywhere.  No crowded elevators.  No chair hogs.  When people talk about the "good old days", this is what they'll be referring to!

Elvis

15 hours ago, Elvis1209 said:

I cruised last March for the first time since the pandemic.  It was on a different line (NCL).  The ship was at 65% capacity.  No lines anywhere.  No crowded elevators.  No chair hogs.  When people talk about the "good old days", this is what they'll be referring to!

Elvis

Good old days were before cruise critic existed 👍