Iona - Best speciality restaurant for intimate meal

Frontera2

I found the Olive Grove to have the best feel in terms of intimacy and cosiness. Epicurean would probably be similar. A lot of the other speciality restaurants that were in and around the atrium didnt have that feel for me-it felt more like a meal at a shopping centre or food hall as they were so open and people could walk through etc. Even Sindhu felt less intimate on Iona-the bit we went in just felt like a big function room.. 

My wife and I tried the Epicurean on Iona earlier this year. The food was mediocre. Over an hour seated at the table before the first course arrived. That was after asking three times for some service. The people sat on the tables either side of us said they had the same problem. Poor service throughout the meal, and no excuses or apologies. This was my only bad experience at any of the specialty restaurants, on all of the P&O ships I have sailed on. Hopefully it will have improved over the summer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Otter18 said:

My wife and I tried the Epicurean on Iona earlier this year. The food was mediocre. Over an hour seated at the table before the first course arrived. That was after asking three times for some service. The people sat on the tables either side of us said they had the same problem. Poor service throughout the meal, and no excuses or apologies. This was my only bad experience at any of the specialty restaurants, on all of the P&O ships I have sailed on. Hopefully it will have improved over the summer. 

Sorry to hear that!  We’ve never experienced anything other than excellence from the Epicurean - both food and impeccable service. I’d rate both on a par with several Michelin starred UK restaurants. Breakfasts and dinners in the Epicurean were real highspots of the cruises.

If P&O have messed that up as well as various other things, I suspect we’ll be parting company.