Ovation

ivyleaguegent

Good afternoon,

We are thinking about booking a cruise this spring on the ovation. We recently cruised on the Quest and had a less than stellar experience which I understand is an anomaly among Seabourn  ships. If anyone has recently cruised on the ovation we would appreciate your comments about the food, the service, and the ship in general.

Thank you

Was on Ovation in May/June. First time on Seabourn. Booked again for Feb/Mar I liked it so much! There were a few hiccups w covid recovery and availability of a few things like certain liquor, but certainly never a problem and crew did what they could to make up for it. By far one of the next vacations I’ve ever had and I routinely do land based travel at Four Seasons, etc.. I think it’s at least worth one more chance on your behalf. 

• Like 1

We were on the Ovation in September. Seabourn was back to its best. All the staff from the captain down were helpful and friendly. Our Cruise Director Robert made sure everything went well. A special mention too for Sean the Bars Manager and of course the Chef who did great barbecues. The food in the main was excellent some mishaps but that is cruising. Our previous cruise was on Silversea good but not nearly as friendly.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ciaoYacht said:

Was on Ovation in May/June. First time on Seabourn. Booked again for Feb/Mar I liked it so much! There were a few hiccups w covid recovery and availability of a few things like certain liquor, but certainly never a problem and crew did what they could to make up for it. By far one of the next vacations I’ve ever had and I routinely do land based travel at Four Seasons, etc.. I think it’s at least worth one more chance on your behalf. 

16 hours ago, ciaoYacht said:

If you enjoy Four Seasons on land you will have the opportunity to enjoy it at sea.  Four Seasons just announced its cruise line starting in 2025.  I don't know what one calls a cruise segment above ultra premium but it appears it will be a catagory unto itself.

1 hour ago, ivyleaguegent said:

If you enjoy Four Seasons on land you will have the opportunity to enjoy it at sea.  Four Seasons just announced its cruise line starting in 2025.  I don't know what one calls a cruise segment above ultra premium but it appears it will be a catagory unto itself.

I have been following their announcement! Exciting news for sure, but I wonder how it will compare to the Seabourn experience. While I love Four Seasons I find it to be a little more stuffy than Seabourn, with people tending to keep to themselves more so than what I’ve experienced on a cruise. Maybe their yacht sailings will be different. Also 4S has excellent service but I did find the crew on Seabourn to be a little more over the top in their service and attempts to please guests. I’ll definitely be interested to compare the two experiences. 

Also in following the RC Yacht it seems as if it has less inclusions than the ultra luxury segment. For example, all alcohol is not included, WiFi, etc..  I’m not sure if RC and 4S will attract people away from Seabourn and the other ultra luxury lines. They seem to be more geared towards non-cruisers or never-cruised.  

On 10/2/2022 at 2:18 PM, ivyleaguegent said:

We will be the judge of that 😁

• Like 1