Le Petit Chef

*Fudge*

10 minutes ago, stellarose said:

bc I want to do that for my 50th but only see meat on the menu. do I have to ask in advance? 

Yes, and there are several menus, served on different nights.  Work the appetizer right and only the main course will be a mismatch to the video.

LPC is fun dining not fine dining…The first time we visited it was about the presentation. We had not done anything similar before and we giggled our way through it…Food was fine, no issues but MDR rather than speciality standard, totally understandable given the everyone is served together concept.

Second time was less good. Like most people we arrived on time only to have the start delayed by a group of about ten arriving 10 minutes late and then wanting drinks service….by the time they were served many of us started the presentation with glasses near empty…

Quite simply the novelty was not there a second time. 

OP, I would recommend it once. As I said we did thoroughly enjoy the first time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LPC is a fun experience that everyone should try at least once.  We recently dinned at LPC on Equinox and had a wonderful experience.  There were 2 menus to choose from or you could mix and match.  My wife took one of the menus and I mixed and matched from both.  We did not feel rushed at all!  We chose to do the wine pairing, which we have never done, and were pleasantly surprised.  We have another cruise coming up in 3 weeks on Solstice and will not be doing LPC on this cruise since not a lot of time has passed by. When we cruise again next year, we will absolutely try LPC again.  

4 hours ago, stellarose said:

suggestions for 50th bday speciality dining on summit????

I find that the M-class ships don't really offer anything nicer than Luminae.  The specialty restaurants are fine, but just fine.  Perhaps the Chef's Table dinner or the Vueve Cliquot dinner (if they're offering it) would be more memorable.   Or perhaps if you're in a suite, eating in your cabin or on your balcony (weather permitting).

25 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

I find that the M-class ships don't really offer anything nicer than Luminae.  The specialty restaurants are fine, but just fine.  Perhaps the Chef's Table dinner or the Vueve Cliquot dinner (if they're offering it) would be more memorable.   Or perhaps if you're in a suite, eating in your cabin or on your balcony (weather permitting).

25 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

So I find the food in Tuscan is always good, but Luminae frequently has meals that are underwhelming.  More importantly, to DH and me, is the atmosphere in Tuscan is more romantic, whereas I would not use that adjective for Luminae.

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

LPC is fun dining not fine dining…The first time we visited it was about the presentation. We had not done anything similar before and we giggled our way through it…Food was fine, no issues but MDR rather than speciality standard, totally understandable given the everyone is served together concept.

Second time was less good. Like most people we arrived on time only to have the start delayed by a group of about ten arriving 10 minutes late and then wanting drinks service….by the time they were served many of us started the presentation with glasses near empty…

OP, I would recommend it once. As I said we did thoroughly enjoy the first time.

I agree about your conclusion about LPC.  But if one's 50th birthday is important, it's not a venue I would recommend.  Guess I am too much a romantic.

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

DH enjoyed our only trip to LPC;  I ended up going up to OV for dinner since my meal was low on the flavor scale so I had no dinner, to speak of. 

1 hour ago, SusieAV8R said:

I agree about your conclusion about LPC.  But if one's 50th birthday is important, it's not a venue I would recommend.  Guess I am too much a romantic.

Agree…

Worth doing one night of a cruise but not for a birthday (unless travelling with children)  and definitely not for an anniversary.

• Like 1

My 10 and 12 year olds love it so we usually do it once or twice per cruise - this is where my 10 year old discovered that he loves truffles (from the truffle ravioli).

My wife and I enjoyed it the fist time - but like the others probably would have been one and done without the kids.

Mike

Edited by mandream
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mandream said:

My 10 and 12 year olds love it so we usually do it once or twice per cruise - this is where my 10 year old discovered that he loves truffles (from the truffle ravioli).

Liking truffles is a dangerously expensive habit!  We learned that the hard way with our kids.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Liking truffles is a dangerously expensive habit!  We learned that the hard way with our kids.

French fries done in truffle oil do snare the odd grandson!  Shoulda known better than to expose him to them. 🙄

Edited by canderson

First, Le Petite Chef has three different videos and three different menus.

The video experience is just that, an experience. All three are unique and humorous. 

I have done this on multiple ships.  The food depends upon how well it is prepared. The last time on Summit, the food was so good, we went a second night to a different "show". It was equally as good. (It was not as well prepared on others) Particularly the seafood selections. 

I highly recommend you do this at least once, and then decide for yourself. If you go with the idea that it is a unique experience to be enjoyed, you won't be disappointed.