Live report- Britannia 223

db51

2 minutes ago, TigerB said:

Regardless of whether or not leaving a tray outside your cabin creates a trip hazard or indeed, an obstruction for wheelchair users, in my opinion it is not the done thing to create extra work for the room service/cabin staff in having to remove your leavings, especially when you are only one deck below Horizon. 

I'm not nor have ever been a refuse collector, but I agree with the lad from Scunny on this one.  

I am on holiday and rather enjoy that someone else is cleaning up after me, and anyway I was once told off by a Horizon waiter for bringing my tray back.

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I am on holiday and rather enjoy that someone else is cleaning up after me, and anyway I was once told off by a Horizon waiter for bringing my tray back.

Really? All the times I have taken trays back to the Horizon from deck 14, not once have I been admonished for doing so; in fact, the staff have always been grateful. 

This tray business is another reason why evening turndown is useful. I’ve only ever ordered breakfast room service so the tray is removed in the morning. If I ordered snacks later on, the tray would still be in the room and would need to be removed during turndown if the cabin was far from the buffet. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TigerB said:

Really? All the times I have taken trays back to the Horizon from deck 14, not once have I been admonished for doing so; in fact, the staff have always been grateful. 

Same here. Never leave dirty dishes in corridor.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2022 at 9:41 AM, Fionboard said:

Same here. Never leave dirty dishes in corridor.

The lazy folk in the cabin next to ours had room service just about every meal. Trays left outside. On the next to last day somebody mentioned the " red dot " code on the door

Oh!. That explains it.🤔

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

The lazy folk in the cabin next to ours had room service just about every meal. Trays left outside. On the next to last day somebody mentioned the " red dot " code on the door

Oh!. That explains it.🤔

What's the 'red dot' code then; marking the cabin occupants out to other crew as troublesome?