Plan to travel on The Virgin Voyage French Daze leaving barcelona, but can't figure out the port where we leave from

jameslee

12 hours ago, garycarla said:

As mentioned above, all the cruise ships leave from the port near the foot of Ramblas.  There are all kinds of hotels on or near Ramblas that would be fine.  Quick 10 minute cab ride to the pier.

When coming in several days ahead, the Las Ramblas area is great--near all the transportation to the more outlying tourist spots, and tons right there.  When we come in just the day before the cruise, we stay in airport area hotels that offer complimentary shuttles from the airport; our goal is to sleep and recover from jet lag.  It is about 25-30 minutes to the port from the airport area.  

• 5 months later...
On 10/2/2022 at 8:53 PM, cantgetin said:

When coming in several days ahead, the Las Ramblas area is great--near all the transportation to the more outlying tourist spots, and tons right there.  When we come in just the day before the cruise, we stay in airport area hotels that offer complimentary shuttles from the airport; our goal is to sleep and recover from jet lag.  It is about 25-30 minutes to the port from the airport area.  

You always seem to have the exact information I’m looking for 😁. I am in the process of booking the October TA and will be traveling solo.  I have been to Barcelona many times so I was thinking of just staying by the airport the night before embarkation after my long flight…do you mind if I ask what hotel(s) you have stayed in with a free airport shuttle?  I also assume it would be pretty straightforward getting an UBER or cab from an airport hotel to the port?