Smart Wheels Car Rental

Sparetiming

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2022 at 4:22 PM, Sparetiming said:

Can anyone tell me if they have rented a car from Smart Wheels and their experience?  They are located by the cruise port.

I'm looking at them as well for Feb 14, 2023.  Having them right at the pier seems like the easiest way to go.  We rented from AVIS previously, but I can't find a location at the pier, even though the Advanced Car Rental thread mentions it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just made a reservation with Smart Wheels. They are asking for payment in full. Their website clearly says no deposit required. Why would I need to pay in full? That is not common practice in my experience. Anyone every reserve in advance with this company? 

• 2 months later...

We booked a one day rental at the cruise pier location on April 20, 2023 as we were on the Celebrity Equinox.

Office on the pier was a little tricky to find as we assumed the office was OUTSIDE the port fence, whereas it was INSIDE the fenced area.   As you leave the ship, there are a whole bunch of little office units to the left, and Smart Wheels was there about in the middle of the row of offices/businesses.

Our rental experience was excellent, and far above what we expected. We had previously reserved and paid for a minivan, as we had a party of 6 adults and pre-paid to ensure we would get the minivan.  However, on the day in question, a couple of our party were not well, and the travelling group was reduced to only two persons.  Our minivan was ready and waiting for us at the office.  We explained to the agent (a young man whose name escapes me) that a minivan was too much for two people to drive around Curacao for the day.  He immediately called his head office, and in 30 minutes, we had gotten a compact car with the assurance that we would be credited with the difference (around $50 U.S.) within 10 business days.

When we returned home, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my credit card had been credited with the difference on April 26.

I would heartily recommend Smart Wheels. Their customer service, excellent condition of vehicle and prompt refund of the rental difference has earned a full 5 star recommendation from me. Very pleased and happy to recommend this rental agency. 

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Colsen0924 said:

Does anyone know where you pickup and drop off car?  Is it at the port or do you ride a shuttle somewhere offsite to pickup car?

As soon as you leave the ship and head to the welcome booth just turn left and walk along those tiny house-looking buildings. They are right there. No need for a shuttle. You'll return the car there too.

Screen Shot 2023-08-14 at 4.08.47 PM.png