Transportation Questions (B2B cruises departing from FLL & Miami)

taylortime05

Hi,

We are on the Oasis sailing leaving Sun, 11/27-12/4 from Miami.  Then we are on the Beyond sailing leaving Sun 12/4-12/11 from Ft. Lauderdale.  

We are flying round trip from DTW to FLL because the price in points was double to fly into Miami.  I ended up booking one way tickets DTW to FLL and FLL to DTW.   If the prices go down for DTW to Miami then I’ll change this flight to be more convenient.  

These are my questions.  I appreciate your feedback:

1).  We are flying in 1 day early on 11/26 arriving at 6:00 PM in Miami.   We could either take a taxi/uber to FLL and stay at a hotel closer to the FLL port or we could stay at a hotel close to Miami airport and then book the SAS on 11/27 directly to the Port of Miami.    Which is the better option?

2). When we disembark the Oasis on Sun, 12/4 in Miami we need to get to FLL to board the Beyond.   Should we take an uber/taxi or is there a better option?

Thank you!

Edited by taylortime05

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

I would Uber in both cases.

I don't believe SAS transports from MIA. Do they transport from Miami hotels?

I was considering using SAS to go from FLL to Miami for our 1st cruise on the Oasis. We’re flying into FLL but the cruise leaves from Miami.  

Somewhat confusing - you say you are flying in/out of FLL, but in your question you indicate that you arrive in Miami at 6:00PM?

Flying into MIA for a POM cruise? - just stay in Miami and use Uber/Lyft or a cab.

Flying into FLL for a POM cruise? - you can use SAS or another shuttle to get to POM.

From POM to PE I would use Uber/Lyft or a taxi.

From PE back to FLL I would use a cab.

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Somewhat confusing - you say you are flying in/out of FLL, but in your question you indicate that you arrive in Miami at 6:00PM?

Flying into MIA for a POM cruise? - just stay in Miami and use Uber/Lyft or a cab.

Flying into FLL for a POM cruise? - you can use SAS or another shuttle to get to POM.

From POM to PE I would use Uber/Lyft or a taxi.

From PE back to FLL I would use a cab.

Thank you!  I made a mistake in my post and I don’t think I can correct it now.  We’re flying into FLL because it’s much cheaper.  We’re flying in one day early.  The 1st cruise leaves from Miami.  

I’m trying to decide which is better option since well arrive in FLL at 6:00 PM and 1st cruise leaves from Miami.

1) Spend the night at a FLL hotel close to the airport. Then the  next morning take SAS from the  FLL airport to the port of Miami. 
OR
2) Take Uber/Taxi  from FLL  to Miami and stay at hotel near port of Miami. Then next the morning take Uber/Taxi to port of Miami.  

Thank you!
Edited by taylortime05

It is commonly recommended here if flying into FLL, but sailing out of PortMiami, to stay in the Ft Lauderdale area for two reasons. First, generally, Ft Lauderdale is cheaper. Second, the later in the day, the harder to get a shuttle like SAS. Earlier on your second day, SAS might pick you up at your hotel.

• Like 1