Cheers program sale code question

Emmabelle

I keep getting emails for the included Cheers package so I finally checked it out.  

I was looking at a 5 night on the Sunrise for next May for an OV, with the Cheers code is $814pp, while an Early Saver is $439pp?  I can't figure out if this is a savings somehow? haha

Edited to add:  I guess I'm so out of the loop that I didn't realize that Sunrise was the Triumph reimagined. 😂

Edited by Emmabelle

1 minute ago, Emmabelle said:

I keep getting emails for the included Cheers package so I finally checked it out.  

I was looking at a 5 night on the Sunrise for next May for an OV, with the Cheers code is $814pp, while an Early Saver is $439pp?  I can't figure out if this is a savings somehow? haha

If you buy Cheers is advance it is $59.95 per day plus 18% gratuity which comes to $70.74 per day, per person for a total for the cruise of $353.70 per person. With the prices you quoted above, you'd be paying more than you would if you just booked the early saver rate (if you're ok with the terms and conditions of that booking code) and added on Cheers. Some of these "deals", aren't really deals! There used to be some good actual deals for booking Cheers - in fact my roomie on our upcoming 5 night cruise got a great deal where it was only $118 total per person to get the rate with Cheers included.  But those seems to be few and far between these days. 

• Like 1

It definitely depends on the code. Shortly after they started accepting bookings again during the pandemic they were giving cheers packages that almost were 100% free. But you had to have the RU1 code. The higher the number the more they charged for the “free” cheers package.

I lucked out and got an RU1 that I applied to our Mardi Gras cruise a year ago. Since then I was only receiving RU9 codes which were a joke.  Now for the last few months I’ve been receiving an RU0 code. This is a code that’s waiting for a class action lawsuit because they pass it off as free but in all actuality you’d end up paying about $200 more for two people that if you booked your Cheers package separately. Don’t know how Carnival gets away with this obvious bait and switch misleading promotion!!

• Like 1