PVP

peacefrog

Me personally, NO WAY.  I'm not good at keeping a smile in my voice when someone is asking stupid questions (and admit it, a PVP will get a fair amount of that).  For someone who's a good people person it might be a worthwhile endeavor depending on the pay.

Another NOPE!, here.  Although, years ago, I worked several jobs in customer service and was very good at it, it took a lot out of me.  I truly liked helping people.  I could keep the smile for the customers / clients, and always be polite, helpful, professional, and efficient, but it wore me down emotionally.  Sometimes, when customers / clients were rude or mean, it actually made me cry (although I always forced myself to keep the tears in until I was alone).😔  Not for me.  Much respect for those that can do it well for many years without harm to themselves.🙂

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tierun said:

Do they get free cruises as a perk?

I know my PVP (and my previous PVP, before she got promoted to corporate) takes several cruises a year, and I suspect those cruises are at least discounted, but I don't know if they are free.  But if they are free, they are deserved.  I don't think I'd do the job even for free (Carnival) cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

I would consider it if my future career plans change or don't plan out lol I work in higher ed in a front-line role and have to help people plan, I deal with disgruntled folks - especially about financials, I get "stupid" questions all the time, etc. And I still love what I do and love helping people. One of the things I like in my job is actually improving the customer service experience for people I work with, so I wouldn't have a problem keeping a smile on. I agree that it does emotionally drain me on some days, but I have ways to cope and rejuvenate (e.g. cruising) to get back.

On 10/3/2022 at 4:33 PM, Tierun said:

At least on Carnival's site they say "cruise benefits". https://jobs.carnival.com/perks But you can't see what that means on their site. I tried looking online a bit but didn't find anything else. Maybe someone else will say. Wouldn't that be nice though! 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 2:59 PM, peacefrog said:

would you be a PVP?  saw a posting for this position and just curious if anyone would be one

just curious

Sure, once I retire it could be a way to earn extra income if I could do it part-time. That's probably not an option.

On 10/3/2022 at 4:33 PM, Tierun said:

they are allowed to book cruises during their vacation time... as long as there is a room available.  The cost is covered for a basic room, upgrades are available at cost.    They can also book an extra room for family at a discounted cost.     PVP's don't make "commission", but instead they get sort of a "point rating" according to bookings, feedback and referrals.   

Edited by wiskt
  • Thanks 3