Princess Medallion App changes with the latest update

4 minutes ago, Cruisecrusader22 said:

Hi,

In November my husband and I are going on first cruise since 2019. I have entered details, photos etc into the app on my phone for both of us (he gets too frustrated with tech and I do all the arrangements for our trips). We are green lane status and I have boarding pass QR code showing in the app. Will he be able to board using the same QR as me (ie using my phone only), or will I also need to get the app logged in on his phone too? Thanks

Yes, I have loaded all my wife's details onto my phone, and we just use the one QR code  on my phone.

After the update, if the App doesn't recognise your name and greets you with "First Name Only" or similar, the general Princess Forum advised, and it worked for me, that it was because under 'personal details ' the field for 'preferred name' was blank. Once you put your first name in field, press save them close app and re-enter, it will work.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

After the update, if the App doesn't recognise your name and greets you with "First Name Only" or similar, the general Princess Forum advised, and it worked for me, that it was because under 'personal details ' the field for 'preferred name' was blank. Once you put your first name in field, press save them close app and re-enter, it will work.

I thought I had that done previously via the personaliser, but I guess that hasn't switched over. Thanks, I will do that now.

14 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

I had that field filled when I setup the app, but had an extra digit in the contact phone number, so it hadn't saved. If the save button is greyed out, as it was for me, that can cause the impersonal greeting.

so what's the trick with uploading your vax certificate and test results to this wretched app. I've tried on my phone and also the web version. I'm trying to upload JPGs for both and I get 'something went wrong. Please try again later'. Very helpful...not.

Maybe they should use Verifly - thats a piece of cake compared to this mess

Edited by timtam2

6 minutes ago, timtam2 said:

so what's the trick with uploading your vax certificate and test results to this wretched app. I've tried on my phone and also the web version. I'm trying to upload JPGs for both and I get 'something went wrong. Please try again later'. Very helpful...not.

Maybe they should use Verifly - thats a piece of cake compared to this mess

You don't need to. 

You can do this in the terminal. They want to sight your vax certificate anyway - due to privacy, the terminal staff do not have access to that info.

Verifly mostly worked fine, but P&O check-in wanted to recheck everything anyway. Trust me, medallion check-in is a breeze in the terminal. As long as you have your green lane boarding pass, you head straight to check-in, where they will sight your vax certificate and may (random) want to view your test photo.

27 minutes ago, arxcards said:

You don't need to. 

You can do this in the terminal. They want to sight your vax certificate anyway - due to privacy, the terminal staff do not have access to that info.

Verifly mostly worked fine, but P&O check-in wanted to recheck everything anyway. Trust me, medallion check-in is a breeze in the terminal. As long as you have your green lane boarding pass, you head straight to check-in, where they will sight your vax certificate and may (random) want to view your test photo.

Thanks for information as I was wondering same!

3 hours ago, timtam2 said:

Ok arxcards - thank you so much

To do it on the app --> travel checklist --> wellness form for your declaration. Upload documents to upload your photo. Easily done in the terminal though.