Help with Cruise Card Confusion

deanman02

I’m hoping someone can help me understand the best way to use 4 cruise cards in two cabins. Cabin 1: one adult, one minor.  Cabin 2: one adult and 1 minor. 

The OBC would be on each of the adult cruise cards, but how do I put a specific limited amount on the minors' cards?

Thank you if you are able to unconfuse me with an easy plan! 

36 minutes ago, deanman02 said:

I’m hoping someone can help me understand the best way to use 4 cruise cards in two cabins. Cabin 1: one adult, one minor.  Cabin 2: one adult and 1 minor. 

The OBC would be on each of the adult cruise cards, but how do I put a specific limited amount on the minors' cards?

Thank you if you are able to unconfuse me with an easy plan! 

amount for what? how old are your kids? I don't know about limit, never needed one, but I did made my DD card once as a "no purchase card" just for security reasons if she loose it. She only could use it to open the door. 

The OBC is credited to the final bill isn't it? So, if minor one purchases an item it will be added to the cabin bill and the OBC of adult one will cover it. 

In a scenario where we've had OBC per passenger in the same cabin, an OBC credit x2 has appeared on the final cabin bill. It isn't on the card but on the cabin account. 

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

The OBC is credited to the final bill isn't it? So, if minor one purchases an item it will be added to the cabin bill and the OBC of adult one will cover it. 

In a scenario where we've had OBC per passenger in the same cabin, an OBC credit x2 has appeared on the final cabin bill. It isn't on the card but on the cabin account. 

Thank you!  So is there a way to limit the minors' spending amounts?

10 minutes ago, deanman02 said:

Thank you!  So is there a way to limit the minors' spending amounts?

Visit guest services once onboard.  They should be able to apply a purchasing limit or a purchasing block on the card.  

I used to do check in a the local port - always used to recommend to parents that they put a block/limit on a kid's cards, many new cruisers don't realize that there may be arcade type things on board some ships that the kids will have access to!

15 minutes ago, westcoasttech said:
18 minutes ago, westcoasttech said:

Visit guest services once onboard.  They should be able to apply a purchasing limit or a purchasing block on the card.  

Thank you very much!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 6:09 PM, westcoasttech said:

I used to do check in a the local port - always used to recommend to parents that they put a block/limit on a kid's cards, many new cruisers don't realize that there may be arcade type things on board some ships that the kids will have access to!

Simulator time can definitely add up