Marella Insurance

Hi guys, I have purchased my insurance with Marella for my upcoming cruise.  When I received my cruise confirmation, there were three attachments, two of which just appear to be the wording of the insurance policy etc, but I can't see anything relating to the policy.

The only other enclosure was an "Atol Certificate", is this the insurance policy?

Thanks Lx

41 minutes ago, L74 said:

Hi guys, I have purchased my insurance with Marella for my upcoming cruise.  When I received my cruise confirmation, there were three attachments, two of which just appear to be the wording of the insurance policy etc, but I can't see anything relating to the policy.

The only other enclosure was an "Atol Certificate", is this the insurance policy?

Thanks Lx

No - the ATOL is not the travel insurance - (it’s a protection  in case the travel company go bust)

Which company did you buy the travel insurance from ? Normally Marella and others recommend companies like holiday extras for travel insurance but I have never heard of buying travel insurance through the cruise company directly. ?

Edited by paulatsea

I purchased mine thru Marella for my June cruise, the company were something to do with Axa.   I cancelled a few days later as I found a better deal for me.  If I remember correctly the policy number is amongst the confirmation email.   The only attachment was a PDf of the policy booklet

Yeah Paulatsea, I did think that but just wanted to double check.  My insurance has been purchased direct with Marella Cruises.

So Jack 10952, you didn't get a separate insurance policy, just the "Axa Travel Insurance Policy wording" PDF & "Axa Travel Insurance Product Information Document" PDF?

I used to work for Tui many moons ago and was sure you actually got a policy, not just the wording & information documents so was just wanting to double check.

Thanks guys

• Like 1

I bought mine via my TUI TA for my Explorer cruise in november. The insurance is AXA and the TA gave me a certificate as part of the paperwork, 4 A4 pages. I also contacted the medical help line to get an additional quote for my medical conditions. So i have the certificate, the medical endorsement and the small AXA policy book.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, L74 said:

Yeah Paulatsea, I did think that but just wanted to double check.  My insurance has been purchased direct with Marella Cruises.

So Jack 10952, you didn't get a separate insurance policy, just the "Axa Travel Insurance Policy wording" PDF & "Axa Travel Insurance Product Information Document" PDF?

I used to work for Tui many moons ago and was sure you actually got a policy, not just the wording & information documents so was just wanting to double check.

Thanks guys

My mistake - sorry I didn’t realise they did this .

I had some trouble cancelling it so had to email them and still had a screenshot on my computer.   This is the only confirmation which is included in the booking confirmation,  I had after purchasing of insurance via Marella.  The Policy number, who was insured and premium price is below the bit I've cropped.

1796253765_ins_11393.jpg.7afd6545373373930f52777b857c5495.jpg