Suite passengers drink less?

mfs2k

6 minutes ago, wineoclock said:

We had a bar set up of gin, my choice & JD, Dhs choice when we were in PH. In CS this time so no bar set up. I’m sure we will cope 😂

Next time you're in RS or above, be aware that you can trade some of the hooch for some pretty nice wine.  Scored some very good Barolo on our last cruise.  It was 15 nts of B2B, and there was no way we could have gone through a gallon (2x1L bottles per leg) of liquor and still been able to remember how to find our way to a restaurant!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I work in the automotive industry.  We called a co worker 3 drink joe.  He drank one,  spilled one, and gave one away.   

The name came about because there were neighborhood bars that would transport workers to the bar during lunch hour in old deliver vans similar to the UPS box vans.  They had great food besides the drinks.    It was always SRO and workers would be hanging on the step at the back of the van because There was no room inside.    He was standing on the step when the van took off coming back from the bar and he slipped off  doing a belly flop  onto the pavement. 

That became his nickname and everyone always called him that.   Everyone eventually had a nickname.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

It was 15 nts of B2B, and there was no way we could have gone through a gallon (2x1L bottles per leg) of liquor and still been able to remember how to find our way to a restaurant!

Challenge accepted!  😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I actually think I drink less when there’s an included beverage package. Paying for a package out of pocket presents a challenge to “get my money’s worth” based on whatever price I’ve paid. When it’s rolled into the price I don’t really think about it. It’s freeing. 

• Like 1

We book suites because of the all inclusive advantages. 
We considered it a challenge to get our monies worth by having the premium drink package. A normal day is at least 15 drinks per person (that includes mimosas, Bloody Mary’s, specialty coffees, pool drinks, martinis, wine & nightcaps). Opps I forgot to mention Perrier & Evan because it’s important to stay hydrated to avoid a hangover. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, canderson said:

Next time you're in RS or above, be aware that you can trade some of the hooch for some pretty nice wine.  Scored some very good Barolo on our last cruise.  It was 15 nts of B2B, and there was no way we could have gone through a gallon (2x1L bottles per leg) of liquor and still been able to remember how to find our way to a restaurant!

We traded our champagne for a couple of bottles of Cabernet on last cruise. We do music cruises and really don’t spend that much time in our gorgeous royal suite so we normally bring home both bottles of liquor, still have some liquor  cabinet . 

17 hours ago, otownfins said:

We book suites because of the all inclusive advantages. 
We considered it a challenge to get our monies worth by having the premium drink package. A normal day is at least 15 drinks per person (that includes mimosas, Bloody Mary’s, specialty coffees, pool drinks, martinis, wine & nightcaps). Opps I forgot to mention Perrier & Evan because it’s important to stay hydrated to avoid a hangover. 

You must be Australian...