Anyone get in with a home proctored test recently?

Vonnah

Spoke with MSC while booking and they said it was accepted. We board next week and people in my group from the sailing were saying they were told it was not allowed. Has anyone been allowed on this past month with a self bought antigen test protored buy onpoint or another company over the phone? Worried because I have 5 kids that need one and it is really expensive to go get one done for all of them. Thanks!

I boarded in Barcelona on 9/24 using the result from an eMed video supervised test without issue. However, my previous cruise in Northern Europe specifically said antigen self-tests were not allowed so I got an in-person test for that one. The requirement for the one leaving Barcelona did not have that stipulation and the eMed test was accepted. 

I sailed the Poesia out of Copenhagen on 9/21/22. I did the eMed proctored test and they were happy with it. Another requirement was to have electronic proof of vax. While I did have that from my pharmacy, I showed them the old CDC card and they said they preferred it.

Also, my boarding time was 2pm. I showed up at 1:15 and there were 10 people in front of me in the luggage check-in line. One old couple forgot to fill out their health questionnaire so they were told to do it a few feet away. When I got into the cruise terminal there was no line. Everyone was super nice and efficient. No, I was not in YC.

I liked the Poesia a lot. It's older but beautifully maintained. The only specialty restaurant was sushi, which they failed to tell me when offering me a 2 restaurant specialty package.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 6:29 AM, Vonnah said:

Update - We had no problem boarding with an azova home proctored test. The test itself was very easy to do with them.

@Vonnah At which port did you board?  With our cruise coming up in 2 weeks I am getting nervous about the home proctored test.  We board in Port Canaveral.

13 hours ago, APDMOM said:

@Vonnah At which port did you board?  With our cruise coming up in 2 weeks I am getting nervous about the home proctored test.  We board in Port Canaveral.

Please come back and let us know what you ended up doing.  I want to sail in January and prefer the proctored test also.

Yes, please let us know.  We are sailing on the Nov. 27th, planning on using Azova with pre purchased Flow Flex kit,   know it's a lot to ask but if you are waiting to board and have passed through after showing your proof of test, could you maybe post a quick note on here that it all worked out.  Hoping all goes well for you and that you have a fantastic cruise!

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 8:52 PM, APDMOM said:

You will have no problem at Port Canaveral with a printed lab report from any certified testing laboratory, whether lab conducted or home proctored. This means a lab report that has the lab name and certification, your name, test procedure used, date of sample, and result. I know personally the eMed reports have all the info, just like a Walgreens or CVS report.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, APDMOM said:

@coscab… In case you missed it, no more testing required unless your cruise visits Colombia!  💃🙂

Thanks, I saw that yesterday, I already bought the tests so I will use them but at least I will save money not needing to take it with someone that can certify it.